About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
THE LIGHT
Happy Birthday to our Yankee Doodle Boy!
Home and a Post on Freedom
Visiting the Grands
Good-byes
Arms of Love
A Love Story
A Letter To My Father
Sleep (or the lack thereof)
Saturday At My House

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, July 11, 2008
One Thousand Gifts


"THOU DOST VISIT THE EARTH, AND CAUSE IT TO OVERFLOW; THOU DOST GREATLY ENRICH IT; THE STREAM OF GOD IS FULL OF WATER; THOU DOST PREPARE THEIR GRAIN, FOR THUS THOU DOST PREPARE THE EARTH.
THOU DOST WATER ITS FURROWS ABUNDANTLY, THOU DOST SETTLE ITS RIDGES; THOU DOST SOFTEN IT WITH SHOWERS; THOU DOST BLESS ITS GROWTH."
Psalm 65: 8-10




163. After weeks of hot, dry weather the skies darkened, the winds picked up, the gentle roll of thunder could be heard in the distance - and then the rain! Thank You Father.


164. How quickly all of nature responds when the Father is the One who does the watering. Over-night the grass I tried so desperately to keep from turning brown (without great success) is a beautiful green.






165. The blue sky filled with powder-puff clouds.

166. The smell of freshly cut grass.

167. The blessing of modern technology that allows us to talk "face to face" with our daughter even when she is thousands of miles away across a vast ocean.

168. Magnificent horses grazing peacefully behind white fences - and ponies playing tag and kicking up their heels just for the pure joy of it.

169. Telephone conversations with dear friends.

170. The way the Lord sometimes answers a cry from heart so quickly. I walked into the house and saw that the people who were supposed to call about buying our property still hadn't call. "It's so discouraging Lord," I said as I made my way into the bedroom. I picked up my little devotional book and this was the first sentence I read, "One of the best ways to get rid of discouragement is to remember that Christ is coming again." How that one little sentence puts all of life into perspective.

171. Answered prayer.

172. Hope renewed.

173. Seeing in a fresh new way that no matter how different our circumstances are, the truth of the Word holds fast and meets individual needs. The Lord uses the various trials and struggles we are all going through to make us more like Jesus. We are learning to surrender to His will and trust in His unfathomable love.

174. The encouragement and love of sisters in Christ.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:39 AM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Myrna said...

How encouraging! thank you for that little lift to my day.

I am trying to get around to visiting as many people as I can today and tomorrow. It is refreshing after a long hiatus to be "talking" to friends and hearing what is going on in your lives.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love those trees in your yard! Wish I had more of a yard and more trees. We've had some welcome rain, but still need more.

Have a wonderful weekend, Linda. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Linds said...

You see, Linda, if the rain had not come, you wouldn't have had all that green grass to wonder at! And all the effort and worrying didn't make it green. So it is with everything we do. If it had rained regularly, maybe you wouldn't have even noticed the grass.
We are in the "desert" for reasons. And God sends us reminders of that.
I loved reading these. You always make me think.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

It rained twice at my house for the 1st time in weeks, I praised the Lord.

I will pray for your property to sell.

Annette

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Seeing His fingerprints all over your days makes my heart sing.

(Such beautiful pictures!)

Grabbing your hand, squeezing tight tonight, and praising, praising, praising with you...

He is good to you, my friend.

All my love,
Ann

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
That rain must have been welcome indeed. I know it certainly would be a blessing here.
So glad you found comfort from your devotional book.
xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home