Friday, July 11, 2008
One Thousand Gifts
"THOU DOST VISIT THE EARTH, AND CAUSE IT TO OVERFLOW; THOU DOST GREATLY ENRICH IT; THE STREAM OF GOD IS FULL OF WATER; THOU DOST PREPARE THEIR GRAIN, FOR THUS THOU DOST PREPARE THE EARTH.
THOU DOST WATER ITS FURROWS ABUNDANTLY, THOU DOST SETTLE ITS RIDGES; THOU DOST SOFTEN IT WITH SHOWERS; THOU DOST BLESS ITS GROWTH."
Psalm 65: 8-10
163. After weeks of hot, dry weather the skies darkened, the winds picked up, the gentle roll of thunder could be heard in the distance - and then the rain! Thank You Father.
164. How quickly all of nature responds when the Father is the One who does the watering. Over-night the grass I tried so desperately to keep from turning brown (without great success) is a beautiful green.
165. The blue sky filled with powder-puff clouds.
166. The smell of freshly cut grass.
167. The blessing of modern technology that allows us to talk "face to face" with our daughter even when she is thousands of miles away across a vast ocean.
168. Magnificent horses grazing peacefully behind white fences - and ponies playing tag and kicking up their heels just for the pure joy of it.
169. Telephone conversations with dear friends.
170. The way the Lord sometimes answers a cry from heart so quickly. I walked into the house and saw that the people who were supposed to call about buying our property still hadn't call. "It's so discouraging Lord," I said as I made my way into the bedroom. I picked up my little devotional book and this was the first sentence I read, "One of the best ways to get rid of discouragement is to remember that Christ is coming again." How that one little sentence puts all of life into perspective.
171. Answered prayer.
172. Hope renewed.
173. Seeing in a fresh new way that no matter how different our circumstances are, the truth of the Word holds fast and meets individual needs. The Lord uses the various trials and struggles we are all going through to make us more like Jesus. We are learning to surrender to His will and trust in His unfathomable love.
174. The encouragement and love of sisters in Christ.