About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Worry
Southern Gospel
Our Refuge
Journaling
One Thousand Gifts
THE LIGHT
Happy Birthday to our Yankee Doodle Boy!
Home and a Post on Freedom
Visiting the Grands
Good-byes

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, July 21, 2008
The Simple Woman's Daybook


I have seen this on several blogs and enjoyed reading the entries so much I thought I would give it a try.

Outside my window... it is another hot, sunny day. The birds are making regular visits to the bird bath for drinks and leisurely baths. Our neighbor's horses are quietly grazing behind the white fence.

I am thinking...about what it really means to live a life of total surrender and trust.

I am thankful for... a little bit of time today to do whatever my heart desires - a precious gift indeed.

From the kitchen... muffins to share at our new Life Group at church

I am creating... a sampler quilt for my husband

I am going...to the Livingproof Life Event at the Alamodome in San Antonio next month!

I am wearing...tan shorts (only around the house!) and a white tank top with a pretty little pink rose pattern.

I am reading..."Just Beyond the Clouds" by Karen Kingsbury and "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver.

I am hoping...for good reports when both my Dad and my husband go for tests this week.

I am hearing... the hum of the clothes dryer and talk radio

Around the house...lots of packed cardboard boxes from the move that still hasn't happened (sigh)

One of my favorite things...my beautiful piano

A few plans for the rest of the week....the housework I very lazily put off last week, some ironing, piano lessons, a visit to my aging parents and a doctor appointment for my husband.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...my sweet little granddaughter




To read more posts on A Simple Woman's Daybook please visit Peggy's beautiful blog.

Blessings,

 
  posted at 12:46 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I hear 'ya about the total surrender and trust. The older I get the more I realize how little I trust God to actually care for me. It's rather a selfish thought though. I can say God loves the world and sent his Son... but when it comes to his care and provision for me, personally, well, my trust level is low. It's something I've come to grips with this past year. Thankfully He is taking me (us!) through this journey and I DO have faith there is light (in other words my trust will grow) at the end of this tunnel. Does that seem contradictory? I have the faith that I will have the trust? Hmm...thanks for letting me ramble.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
I've seen this Daybook posted on so many of the blogs I read. It really does offer a nice little glimpse into one's life.
I can only imagine that those packing boxes are a reminder to your house not selling. Perhaps if they were out of direct sight you'd have a more serene setting until the housing market changes?
Just a thought!!
xo

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I haven't run across this one before - very nice!

I have been wondering about the packed boxes situation. I feel for you!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Glad you joined in, it is a nice start to the week isn't it. :)

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

I will continue to pray for the sale.

Annette

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Hoping for good results right along with you! I put off cleaning things to and now I'm regretting it. The dust is calling my name. :v)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

What a fun list to read. I have read "Having a Mary Heart" a few times. Good stuff!!

Trusting God's hands to be all over the appointments scheduled this week!!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

What a beautiful granddaughter! and a great post. I love my time when I don't have an agenda. This slower pace of retirement is a blessing indeed!

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I have seen this around too and I love it. I am doing a version in my journal, adn it is a great snapshot of life.
Praying about the move, Linda. And the test results.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Shosannah said...

I love the simple woman's daybook, it really feels like a nice way of getting to know people.
"Having a Mary heart in a Martha world" sounds really interesting I might go and check that one out !

Thankyou so much for stopping by my place and leaving such a lovely comment.
Many Blessings
Suzy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home