About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
A Letter To My Father
Sleep (or the lack thereof)
Saturday At My House
RARE BIRD SIGHTING!
The Desert
DOLDRUMS
One Thousand Gifts
I Love Him
Girls' Lunch
POWER

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, June 22, 2008
A Love Story


Everyone, I think, loves a good love story. In recent months I have been privileged to watch one unfold right before my very eyes.

Lamar walked into choir practice in January and quietly took a seat next to my husband in the bass section. They introduced themselves and began to get to know one another. The most important fact to emerge from this conversation, as far as I'm concerned, was that Lamar is single! "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." as Jane Austen eloquently said in "Pride and Prejudice". I don't really know about the good fortune part, but you get the idea. My little mind immediately began running down the list of single women I know.

I never thought of Jo, but as we were sitting at a little table in the church coffee bar before choir practice one evening Lamar walked in and Jo said, "I think Lamar is adorable." Being the great thinker that I am - something clicked! "So do I," I replied in as encouraging a voice as I could muster. I began to try to think of ways I could help this along, but I needn't have worried.

The next week when we walked into church, there were Lamar and Jo sitting having coffee together. Then they sat next to each other in choir. My little heart danced when, a few weeks later, my husband and I were walking behind them and they were holding hands. Before long they were together all the time.

It is such a pleasure to watch two people who are falling in love. Lamar is very shy and quiet, but he sure was smiling a lot more. Jo began to have a radiance about her. One evening I gave her a hug and told her how happy she looked. "I am," she said with that glowing smile.

We sat next to them in church a couple of weeks ago. They were holding hands and talking. "We've just come from the Riverwalk," she said. Then she leaned over and whispered, "It's my birthday, and we celebrated the day together." They both just grinned from ear to ear.

It was Jo's 68th birthday. Lamar is 72. They are such a sweet couple. I think marriage is definitely in their future, but Jo says they need to go slowly and carefully. She is a very wise lady.

It has been a joy to watch these two begin to build a relationship that is grounded firmly in their shared faith. They are precious, giving people who serve and love with open hearts. I plan to be at this wedding. I, for one, can't wait.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 10:58 AM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Susie said...

What a touching and sweet love story Linda! Like you, I would certainly enjoy watching this relationship grow into the holy bond of matrimony. What a precious gift for their golden years!
xo

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Faith said...

How beautiful.
I found your blog from Susanne's at Living to Tell the Story. I hope you don't mind...I really like your posts!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Yes, I love a beautiful love story, and how fun is it to sit and watch one unfold? Enjoy your front row seat!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Awwwwwww! That is so sweet! I was wondering all along how old they are - what a great story. Can't wait to hear the sequel!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Real love knows no age limits or boundaries.

Lovely story, Linda. :o)

Hope you have a great new week, dear friend.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger someone else said...

You had me from the first paragraph!! What a precious love story.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

What an uplifting story. I attended church at St Richard's Episcopal in Round Rock on Sunday, a couple who was celebrating their 61st or 62nd anniv went up for a blessing. I became so teary eyed. I must be a sucker for that sort of thing.

Annette

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

That is precious!!!! I loved it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home