About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
One Thousand Gifts
I Love Him
Girls' Lunch
POWER
One Thousand Gifts
JUST CALL ME "SPEEDY'!
A Tree Firmly Planted
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
The Rose and The Storm
Counting My Many Blessings

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, June 03, 2008
DOLDRUMS


Doldrums, according to Webster, means "a state or period of inactivity, stagnation or slump." I didn't find my picture next to that definition, but I feel as though I could have. My little brain and my self are feeling a bit stagnant right now. I don't know if it's the fact that we have had record-breaking heat for weeks now (100 degrees today y'all) or I've just run out of steam. Whatever the reason, I think I need to take a little break.

I wish I could transport myself to a lonely beach somewhere and watch the waves endlessly roll in. Since I can't do that right now, I will just spend some time doing other things. I plan to be here in spirit (that means I'll be reading) but absent in the "flesh" (no writing for a while). Just for a little while....till I make my way out of the doldrums.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 7:03 PM
  17 comments



17 Comments:
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Susie said...

That heat you've been having can just be so draining.
Sending you a big ((hug)) and a prayer you'll be feeling refreshed very soon.
xo

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

May the Spirit blow cool, reviving breezes your way, Linda. Stay close to His water...

I send love,
Ann

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

If we were having that much heat (and the humidity to match), I would be more than in the doldrums! I would be a puddle onj the floor.

Come up and visit me!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Linds said...

In that sort of heat I have been known to lie on the tiles on the kitchen floor and refuse to move.

Sometimes we just need to stop, and as you said the other day, stand still. Or lie down. Or do nothing. You rest, Linda, and we will be around!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Yes, the heat is draining. Even inside in the air conditioning, it just *feels* hot when I know that's how it is outside.

God will speak to you in this time... and I can't wait to read all about it when you come back!

Love you!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

The summer doldrums hit me early this year. I am tired and feel like doing little. I want to be on a mountain top in Colorado! Looks like we will have a loooonnngggg summer.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Trusting you find rest, relaxation and rejuvination during this time!

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Oh my goodness that is incredibly hot! That hammock in the shade looks very inviting. But wear some shorts!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

So now it has been pouring rain for hours and hours. Very unusual for us. I'll take it over spring snow! But it's cold!! I wish we could share --

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I hope the doldrums pass quickly and that you are feeling like your old self soon. Take your time but know that you will be missed because you are a blessing to me.
(((((((HUGS)))))))

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, I understand a bit Linda...
today was that way for me...we've had unseasonably cold and rainy weather with dark skies. It feels like February!
I know that's not the case for you...you may be having the opposite weather drain your energy...but wanted you to know that I can relate to the doldrums and wanted to crawl underneath my covers today and stay there until the sun came out!
Hoping you feel more energy soon...but in the meantime, enjoy a little break and relax, dear Linda!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Me too, you just explained where I am right now =) HUGS =) Even though I only live 20 miles from the beach, it is still hot and sticky there. But I too am taking a writing break as summer begins.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

We have had the doldrums but for another reason...lack of sunshine...rain, rain, rain, rain...hail, rain, rain, flooding... A little warmth, without the sticky would be welcome.

Hugs!

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Shift over. I am there too.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

There seem to be lots of doldrums and "funk" going around! I hope you're doing better. I miss you!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Hi Linda, I completely understand your doldrums. Inspiration just seems to fly away from time to time. I think we all need these breaks. It isn't normal to be communicating publicly every day and NOT run out of words. Take some time for yourself and we'll be here when you come back.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Linda...I am SO THERE with you! The doldrums....the heat....the stagnation at times too!
But we will get outta this mess! I believe it!!!
Get you some good music...a good cold "iced coffee" if you like them and that will help a bit too!!!
I have been absent from visiting...been consumed with my project on FAITH. I told my sister today...the enemy has been pestering my brain with doubt (opposite of what I am concentrating --or trying too!) and even lack of self-worth. But I know that God is my helper!!!
I will be praying for you dear friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home