About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
I Love Him
Girls' Lunch
POWER
One Thousand Gifts
JUST CALL ME "SPEEDY'!
A Tree Firmly Planted
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
The Rose and The Storm
Counting My Many Blessings
Other Things

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, May 29, 2008
One Thousand Gifts


"BE THANKFUL IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU WHO BELONG TO CHRIST JESUS." I Thess. 5:18


163 - There are times and circumstances when, rather than spend time in prayer or give thanks, we want to run and hide from the One who loves us most. On a day when I was feeling just that way a package arrived on our front porch from a dear friend whom I have never met in person. We have shared so much from our hearts I hardly remember that fact. With a heart filled with love and gratitude - thank you dear friend for a gift that could not have been more timely or perfect.




164 - My Mom presented me with these two little china cups on Mother's Day - one from each of my Grandmothers. She said she wants to begin to give away some of her treasures so that she can see us enjoy them. I am overwhelmed by her love and this priceless gift. (She also made the double wedding ring quilt in the background - another priceless gift.)



165 - My granddaughter picked out this gift for me for Mother's Day. I love it. It goes perfectly right on our bed. How good God is to allow my children see me this way. He takes my human failings and weaknesses and covers them with His grace - an amazing gift.


166 - The only plants I have any real success with are African Violets. Although I love flowers, I seem to have a knack for killing everything I get my hands on. For some reason these sweet little flowers like me. I have a window sill in my kitchen that suits them very well - just the right amount of indirect sunlight. I try to bother them as little as possible, but this pink one was in danger of perishing. It had grown completely over the side of its little pot. With great fear and trepidation I transplanted it into a new pot. I had to be rather rough with it to get it centered and for a few days the outlook for survival was pretty bleak. I watered and fed it - and left it along. Before too long the leaves "unwilted" and now there are pretty pink blossoms once again. I feel as though it is a special gift this sweet little plant that was perilously close to death.

167 - Time spent with family and friends watching our much loved San Antonio Spurs play in the NBA playoffs. There is a small-town feel to San Antonio and this team is very special to us. It was fun to watch the games together - even if we didn't get the outcome we were so hoping for.

168 - We had our Choir Banquet last night. It is a gift to my husband and I - being a part of this ministry. It is a very special group of people, who welcomed us with such warmth and love from the very first time we went to a practice. It is amazing the way the Father takes our service and turns it into blessing that far outweighs any effort on our part.

169 - Spending a sunday afternoon with our daughter. She lights up our lives!

170 - Laughter! Even after forty-one years of marriage, no one can make me laugh like my husband. There is something so special about being able to laugh together - sometimes we don't even have to say a word - just a look and you know what the other one is thinking. Another precious gift.

If you enjoy reading these 1000 Gifts posts, you can find more here at Ann's blog. She is the one who first got me started, and she has a list of other bloggers in her sidebar who are also writing these posts. There is something so uplifting about reading words of gratitude. I enjoy all the different blogs that share the same theme. They are a blessing.

With much love,

 
  posted at 3:03 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Beautiful list as always, Linda..
The teacups on that quilt are a precious keepsake indeed.
I totally agree with your "just a look and you know what the other one is thinking."
Aren't we so very blessed to have such long and happy marriages!
xo

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

You are right... a blessing indeed! I love your list and appreciate your sharing the other sites. I am only at 33 years of marriage but I agree with all you say about your marriage. Your gratitude is contagious!

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I didn't know others were doing this as well - it is a wonderful task you've taken on!

I love AFrican violets - they were my Grandma's favorite. We had lots of different colors for several years, then they all perished. But we don't have the right exposure for them. I'm glad yours survived!

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I love your list, Linda. You know, with all the blessings and love and happiness, it is so evident that you never take any of these for granted. This in itself is a huge blessing. Appreciation. As always, you are a real inspiration, my friend.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

I saw your comment on the Lproof blog and wanted to stop by and sell hello.

The picture of the pansies grabbed me, as I spend money each fall and plant as many flats as possible. Southeast TX is not the best climate for them, but I love them.

Your post is beautiful.

Annette

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

PS...make that say hello....

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

I am SO enjoying these lists of yours. They make me thankful right along with you! Thanks for blessing me.

OH, and I had the best conversation with your sweet daughter-in-law today! She is precious! (And of course, we talked about you...;)

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, I really loved these, Linda...

What wonderful things for you to be thankful for...
And to leave me with as the last blog I read before turning in tonight. Such great edifying thoughts to end the day!

Have a wonderful weekend...
~Tammy

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

It was good to hear from your this evening - and to know that you are praying is so comforting!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

I can hear you and your husband laughing together, and it makes me smile, Linda. Isn't that an unspeakable gift, Linda?

Your home is beautiful... flowers, quilts, love exuding.

I grab your hand, squeeze tight and give thanks to Father with you... it is all so, so, so good.

Thank you, Lord...

All's grace,
Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home