About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Clouds and the Rock
Immeasurable Worth
Happy Birthday to My Blog!
Living Water
Bestowing Crowns
Thankful Thursday and a Prayer Request
Daddy's Hand
No Longer Linda
Away For a Couple of Days
Not a "Copper Girl"

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Thankful Thursday



“O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting.”
I Chron. 16:34




The first thing I want to give thanks for is the Encourager of the Month Award that Iris awarded me. It means so much to me for someone like Iris to give me this award. She is the one who encourages me and lifts my spirits and helps me all the time. I am so grateful.

I am thankful that God answers prayer and that sometimes the answer comes so clearly and so quickly. There are some prayers I have been praying for years, knowing that He has heard my heart and will answer in His way and in His time. There are others where the answer comes with such immediacy it takes my breath away. I picture Him smiling at my surprise. He is a Father who delights in giving good things to His children.

I am thankful for the uniqueness of God’s creation. I cannot fathom how each of us has, for instance, a voice that is distinguishable from the millions and millions of other voices out there. How is it that with only a few features to work with, God can create all those different faces? There are so many of us and no two exactly alike. Our personalities are as varied as the snowflakes that fall in winter. He is truly an amazing God.

I am thankful for the things that we have in common. It builds up my faith to read about what the Lord is doing in each of your lives and know that I have experienced the same things; to read about the truths you are discovering in His word and nod my head in agreement. We don’t all walk through the same circumstances, but we all walk through them with the same faith in the same God – and we all find Him faithful. What a glorious experience!

I am thankful that I have only to live this one day – that all of my tomorrows are in God’s hands. When I am burdened, He graciously extends His hands and lifts the weight from my shoulders. When I am afraid, He whispers words of encouragement and hope and tells me to trust in Him. When I sin, He forgives. When I fall down, He picks me up. He walks with me through the day and tells me that there will be new mercies for tomorrow. He is always just a whisper away.

When I think of who I am and who He is, my heart overflows with gratitude that He would be mindful of me. “How precious also are Thy thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them they would outnumber the sand. When I am awake, I am still with Thee.” Ps 139: 17,18

There are more Thankful Thursday posts at Iris’ blog.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 9:45 PM
  31 comments



31 Comments:
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What an encouraging thankful post. His faithfulness is amazing, and I appreciate the reminders in your post!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Detroit said...

Such a great list! I too have been reminded repeatedly over the last week that I am so unworthy of His amazing love. I too am thankful for His love and mercy!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

You totally deserve that award, Linda!~ You're a blessing to this community.

Enjoyed your list. :)

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Congratulations on the Encourager award, Linda. You are very deserving of it. :-)

Our God truly is an awesome God, isn't He?

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger ellen b. said...

God bless your encouraging heart. Thank goodness for His love and that He gives us a new day to serve Him...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger moreofhim said...

You deserve the award! You are so encouraging and I enjoy coming to visit. God bless!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Your beautiful heart blesses me.

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger ZAM said...

indeed.. i don't know you but it's also a blessing being able to surf the net and read good blogs.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

I loved reading this, because it reminded me of what *I* have to be thankful for, too! Thank you.

And, congratulations for the "encourager" award! That's SO you!!!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger The Open Range Camping Family said...

Congratulations on the award. How awesome. Your list was such a blessing to read, thank you for sharing. I too love to see how much we all have in common.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger on the Rock said...

So much to be thankful for! Thank you for sharing.
God Bless!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Oh - it is amazing that the Lord made us all different. I have never thought about the voices, but it is true. I think that He did that so that when we get to heaven, He will not only have one voice singing His praises, but has the most beautiful choir...

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week, Linda.

May your day be blessed today and always.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

This was so tender and powerful. Thank you

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Alycia said...

Hello Linda, What a treasure of a post. You truly touched my heart and you shared thoughts that I needed to read this evening. I am thankful for you and for the encourgement I find here when I am able to vist. Congratulations to you as well, on your award. Blessings to you and your family this week.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Alycia said...

Hello Linda, What a treasure of a post. You truly touched my heart and you shared thoughts that I needed to read this evening. I am thankful for you and for the encourgement I find here when I am able to vist. Congratulations to you as well, on your award. Blessings to you and your family this week.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I praise God for answered prayers also!!! Congrats on the award, a great selection on Iris' part.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Dearest Linda, congratulations on the award...it's so well deserved, goodness knows how many times you've encouraged me to listen to God more than I had been!! You are such a blessing to many of us! Thank you for being YOU:-) xox

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I see the mush lifted from your brain! I didn't even get over here yesterday. Another good TT post.

Please come over and read my prayer request and join all the wonderful warriors out there! Thanks!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Andie said...

Wonderful thankful post. Congrats on your award. I also love the uniqueness of each and every person, flower, snowflake, etc. Our God is SOO creative! Who else would have thought to put spots on a lady bug, or fuzz on a bumble bee?
Blessings-Andie

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger sharon brobst said...

Linda~Congratulations on a well deserved award! Your thankful list touched my heart...thank you for sharing...Blessings.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on your award!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Congrats on the award! You are definately deserving!!

And what fabulously wonderful things to be thankful for!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

You have a great list and it is an inspiration to read! Congrats on the award.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Melissa Sheldon said...

Your list brought tears to my eyes. It was wonderful to be reminded all the things that we take for granted. God's creation is wonderful. God is wonderful.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Congratulations Linda! I think this is your best Thankful Thursday yet.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Hopeful Spirit said...

"I am thankful for the things that we have in common. It builds up my faith to read about what the Lord is doing in each of your lives and know that I have experienced the same things; to read about the truths you are discovering in His word and nod my head in agreement."

So true and eloquently stated. I wrote about this, too -- and how Iris inspired me.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger southmsmomof4 said...

That was so refreshing to read. I must say that visiting your list has been a blessing to my heart today. Thank you so much for sharing.
Stacy

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Myrna said...

You always have something I need to hear--"I am thankful that I have only to live this one day – that all of my tomorrows are in God’s hands."

Thank you for the reminder!

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Linda...you so deserve this award...in fact, this very Thankful Thursday post so uplifted my spirit. I really think God uses you to speak to so many of us...thank you for these encouraging truths about our Lord!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Myrna said...

It's me again--Come over to my place when you have time. I have some name fun for you!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger AngelK said...

I am new to this community and already I am hooked. I don't know you as well as others Linda, but I can see that you are very worthy of this award! Thank you for visting my blog and for the nice comments. You were my very first visitor! I hope you will visit again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home