About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Immeasurable Worth
Happy Birthday to My Blog!
Living Water
Bestowing Crowns
Thankful Thursday and a Prayer Request
Daddy's Hand
No Longer Linda
Away For a Couple of Days
Not a "Copper Girl"
Wordless Wednesday - Time to Saddle Up and Move 'E...

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Clouds and the Rock



We are back home from our bike ride. It is a very windy day. The sky is filled with cumulus clouds - big white fluffy clouds that sometimes hide the sun. I love those clouds. They mesmerize me. I look at them and see all sorts of different images.

Sometimes I see funny animal shapes - huge monsters or funny bears. Other times I see people - larger than life characters with crazy hairdos and huge noses. On a day like today, when the wind is blowing hard, the images change rapidly. If you look away for just a minute the funny lady is gone and has morphed into something altogether different.

Cumulus clouds - beautiful, ever-changing and completely insubstantial. What looks to be a cuddly ball of soft cotton would slip through my fingers if I were able to reach out and touch it. Rather like the things of this world that we often try to grab hold of to give us a sense of security and well-being. A good financial plan, material possessions, power, fame, sometimes even the people in our lives prove to be mere "vapor" when we face difficult circumstances. All the wealth and power in the world cannot keep sickness and death from entering our lives. The people that we think we can absolutely depend on may suddenly change when we are in difficult circumstances.

There is, however, something solid, upon which we can depend. A Rock that is a firm foundation under our feet. It is strong and true and unchanging - no matter what situation we find ourselves in. That Rock is the person of Jesus Christ. He will never fail us. His word is true. His character is unchanging.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes and forever." Heb. 13:8


"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; my shield and horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Ps. 18:2
 
  posted at 10:47 AM
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

What a great analogy. I have been there. Trying to hang on for dear life to something that I shouldn't...no more than I could one of your clouds!
But the Lord taught me a lot in those "hangy-clingy" times.
Your blog means so much to me. I love that He's my rock solid Savior and Lord! I love that He never changes!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

By the way! Congratulations on your encouraging award! Iris chose well! You are truly a blessing to so many!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger AngelK said...

Amen! This is my first time visiting your blog and I love it! You are so right, the Lord is our rock and the foundation under our feet. No matter what happens, he is there for us. WHAT A WONDERFUL BLESSING to know that we are never alone in this old world!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

Oh girl, I'm 'amen'ing' this one. Can you hear me!? lol

"It is strong and true and unchanging - no matter what situation we find ourselves in."

YES! Glory! And thank you for the truth-speaking post.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I needed this reminder today! Rejoicing that I serve a God that does not change when all else around me does!!

Thanks for this uplifting reminder of truth!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Amen, Linda. Amen.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

It certainly is a wonderful feeling knowing that He will never change and will always be there for us. When you were mentioning the clouds, it made me remember how I use to love to lay back on the grass and look up at the clouds as they rolled by...I always wondered if they would feel as soft as they looked:-) xox

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

So very true, Linda...even friendships and relationships can prove to be "vapor" but Jesus will always be there for us. Beautiful analogy! (((HUGS)))

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

What a warm reminder--never changing, firm and strong...

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I'll never look at cumulus clouds the same way again, Linda. Vapor. How true. How beautiful this simple post is. Thank you, my friend.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Alice said...

Lovely clouds, Linda. Aren't clouds just fascinating - ever-changing shapes nearly every day.

You would enjoy the following site http://www.cloudappreciationsociety.org

Especially check out their Photo Gallery. You'll see clouds there that you never thought possible.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Linda, you always have such inspirational words to share. Thank you!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Nicole Baart said...

Hi Linda,

Thanks so much for stopping by my website and chipping in your two cents! My Grandmother's story is so precious to me and I can't wait to write it--but sometimes I think it would be better served if I waited a little longer, matured and developed my craft, before tackling such a meaningful story to me. Anyway, I appreciate your words so much.

And I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog! This entry speaks to my heart--I am in awe of God's creation, it thrills me every day.

May the Lord continue to bless you and use you.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Amen, and amen! What a great picture. I love looking up at the clouds and thinking about the scripture, "the clouds are the dust of His feet." He is SO huge!

And, so solid. Our Rock and our Redeemer. Thank you for this today!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Your words always soothe my heart, my dear friend.
This summer has taken a toll on me, but I know when I come here, I find comfort and solace in the words you share. I have leaned on this ROCK all summer long...

Thank you for sharing the wonderful passages :)

Much love....Iris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home