About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Living Water
Bestowing Crowns
Thankful Thursday and a Prayer Request
Daddy's Hand
No Longer Linda
Away For a Couple of Days
Not a "Copper Girl"
Wordless Wednesday - Time to Saddle Up and Move 'E...
Questions Meme
Looking to Jesus

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, August 02, 2007
Happy Birthday to My Blog!



On this day one year ago I waited breathlessly to see if I could actually publish a post on a blog. My heart was pounding when I clicked on "publish". I sighed with relief when it actually worked. It has been an unexpectedly wonderful adventure ever since.

I have a whole new vocabulary (I didn't even know what a blog was a couple of years ago). Words like post, link, template and comment have taken on new meaning. I have attempted to do things on my computer I wouldn't have dared try before.

The best part is the community of women I have become a part of - the discovery that blogging isn't a thing - it's people. I am no different that anyone else. I am totally amazed at the connection we have made with one another. It goes far beyond just exchanging little notes during the day. We become a part of one another's lives. I knew I was emotionally invested in your lives when even my husband (who wants nothing to do with a computer) began praying for you and asking how things were going. I guess it must have something to do with how often I mention you in my conversations with him and other family members.

My life has been enriched by blogging because the foundational thing that binds us together is our love for the Lord. I have learned so much from you; I have been encouraged and lifted up and prayed for. It just boggles my mind to think that I can touch the life of someone who lives thousands of miles away and feel as though she was right next door.

When I began, before I began, I asked the Lord to use this new thing called blogging to somehow glorify Him. That has been the wish of my heart since the day I started. I pray that in the laughter and tears and day to day things we share His name would be lifted up. I think He is blessed when we bring laughter to someone else, when we share our struggles, when we share the things we've learned to make keeping the home a ministry to our families, when we pray for one another, when we listen to that still small voice and send something special to someone just to say we're thinking of them and when we share what the Lord has put on our hearts.

Thank you - all my precious sisters of the heart - for making this year very special. A year ago I couldn't imagine I would be blogging. Now I can't imagine how I could ever stop.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:13 AM
  24 comments



24 Comments:
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

Sweet post and Happy Birthday blog!

And I agree...the sweet connection in this community of women has been an unspeakable blessing to me as well.

Bless you sister.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Blogiversary dear Linda!! I'm so very glad that you did decide to blog and that our paths crossed...you have always inspired me, encouraged me, comforted me, etc. with your words. Here's to many, many, many more posts:-) xoxo

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Happy Blog Birthday!

I, for one, am very glad you decided to click on that "Create Blog" section. :)

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Happy Bloggity Birthday ...

I can't imagine being here without you.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Amen to every word. Diane and I were talking this morning about what a community we have become. What a blessing you all are to me. My husband has to keep up on everyone as well. Such a kick I get out of that, too.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

happy bloggiversary to you!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Susie said...

What a beautiful and touching post dear Linda. You put your heart and soul into your blog..
You are unfailing a cheery and uplifting dear blogging sister.
My husband wants to know about all my blogging friends too. It's a blessing that he supports something which gives me great joy..
love and ((hugs))

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Happy Birthday to you! So glad you decided to join us here in blogland. You are truly a blessing!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger sharon brobst said...

Happy Birthday Blog!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Your statement "the discovery that blogging isn't a thing - it's people" really hits the nail on the head. Happy Bloggy Birthday, Linda!

I went back to your archives to see where I first learned about you and found my first comment on your third post. It's been a lovely year.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Wow, Linda. That year flew by, didn't it? I remember when you first started. You've come a long way, Baby!

I'm also glad you held your breath and hit "publish." Can't imagine Bloggityville without you in it.

Happy Birthday, Middle Years!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Happy Happy Blogiversary, Linda! It doesn't seem possible that you've only been blogging a year. It seems we've been blogging buddies for so much longer than that!

Here's to many more years of blogging together. :-)

Love and hugs,]

Diane

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I think you beautifully show the Lord in the everyday things. Happy blog birthday, Linda. You have been a blessing this last year.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

WOW?! Has it already been a year? You know what they say... "Time flies when you're having fun!"...:-)

Happy Blog Birthday! I'm glad we have "met"!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I can't believe it's only been a year. I think of you as my "reflection blog" and my "encouraging blog". Everytime I stop by I feel like I can just listen to a fresh word about our heavenly Father. I love that you take a simple experience, and teach us one of God's truths.

Your comments have also been so encouraging to me. I have saved an email or two, just to remember what an uplifted word can do to a hurting heart. I want to be more like that to others. Thanks for bringing so much joy to the blogland.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Congratulation on your first anniversary, my dear friend...

Yes the blogging community is amazing. I would have never thought that the Christian sisterhood would develop like this. Sometimes when I drive to work, someone names pops in my head and I start praying for them.

Thank you Linda for making the 'jump' into the blogsphere. I know that you have been a blessing to many, myself included...

Blessings on your Friday and always.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Happy blog-day toooo yooooooou!! I forgot to celebrate mine back in the spring. (I think I was preoccupied with China!) I LOVE your blog, I LOVE your posts, and I LOVE you! I'm so glad you started blogging. I can't wait to see what you post in the months and years to come. You most certainly glorify God with every post.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Blessed Blog birthday, Linda!

Know you are loved.

All's grace,
Ann

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Happy Birthday to you!

I may not always comment, but I read you in my bloglines.

You are such a blessing to me, especially with your comments.

Thank you for being such an encouragement to all of us.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Happy Birthday to your blog! Yes, I do think the Lord is blessed by your blog and your efforts, absolutely. I know that I have been blessed and so happy to have met you.

It's funny how our husbands get to hear about our friend in Texas or Florida or Canada, huh? I think it's hilarious, and I get a big kick out of saying that, but it's true. I now have friends thousands of miles away!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Alice said...

Happy Birthday to your blog, Linda. I've only read one or two postings so far, but I know that I'm going to read more. I came to your blog via Kerri, another dear friend/sister in the worldwide blog family.

Have a lovely day, Linda.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

Happy Birthday Blog! :) Linda, I couldn't imagine not reading you regularly. You are a bright spot in my day.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

I just sit here and shake my head at how well you put into words what exactly is on my heart and mind.
I'm so filled with affection and care for the friends who visit my blog. They are a very real and special part of my life.
It's a wonderful connection we have, and like you, I wouldn't have dreamed of being able to share friendships all over the world a year or so ago.
My husband is like Dawn's....I sometimes have to (im)patiently wait until he's finished reading everyone's news. He was like your hubby once upon a time and didn't want anything to do with the computer. Now I think he needs one of his own...so I can have mine back! LOL
Happy happy blogiversary to you dear Linda!!! xoxo

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Happy Bloggity Birthday! Sorry I haven't made it back over here sooner....but you know life and what it can be full of at times!
You are a blessing to me---everytime I come here, you drop a truth in my life that I need for "such a time as this".
Congratulations on your birthday....keep bloggin' for Jesus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home