About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Happy Birthday to My Blog!
Living Water
Bestowing Crowns
Thankful Thursday and a Prayer Request
Daddy's Hand
No Longer Linda
Away For a Couple of Days
Not a "Copper Girl"
Wordless Wednesday - Time to Saddle Up and Move 'E...
Questions Meme

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, August 04, 2007
Immeasurable Worth


I was reminded of an amazing truth as I read my little devotional yesterday. It is something I need to be reminded of occasionally because I am the sort of person who seems to get easily caught up in a "works mentality". I tend to measure my worth by what I have done.

I was always the little girl who wanted approval - to be thought of as a good girl. It mattered very much to my little girl heart that everyone like me. I still retain much of that little girl inside this grownup body. I want so much for everyone to approve of me - and the One topping that list is the Lord. I want to please Him with all my heart. That desire often leads me down the path of good works - attempting to do all I can to insure that I am loved and accepted.

Then yesterday I read these words: "What a comfort to know His acceptance of us does not depend on our performance! Always remember that our great worth and value comes from the price Jesus paid for our lives.
'But (you were purchased) with the precious blood of Christ, the
Messiah, like that of a (sacrificial) lamb without blemish or spot'
I Peter 1:19 (AMP)
The worth of an object is measured by the price paid. What does that statement tell us about our worth?" (Darien Cooper)


My heart breathed a refreshing sigh of relief. There is nothing I can do to make myself more valuable in His eyes. When God looks at me, He sees His perfect Son. I am clothed in His righteousness - without blemish or spot. What I do, I do with a grateful heart because I love Him so very much - not to earn His approval.

I needed to be reminded of that. And He very gently and tenderly did.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 12:11 PM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Wow, Linda. That's about all I can say. I "knew" this, but hearing it put this way almost takes my breath away. Especially the quote about the worth of something being the price paid, and when God sees us He sees us clothed in His righteousness~what a wonderful, fresh way to look at that. Linda, I love how you can make things so short, so simple, and so powerful. I would love to be used by the Lord like that.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I fall into that trap of seeking approval way too much. Thank you for this insight today. Very uplifting!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

You know, Linda...it seems that we both have the same 'approval mentality'. I want to be approved by Him and others. I want to please everyone. If some does not like me, I fret about it for days, sometimes weeks.
Thank you so much for sharing this particular passage - it was something that I needed to be reminded off.

Be blessed today and always.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I'm so grateful I don't have to earn my way. I'm afraid I'd fall short. I love the way God gently reminds us, and today He reminded me through your words. Thank you.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

What a great reminder Linda! The struggle for approval and acceptance is one that I also face, but I am thankful that there is absolutely nothing I have done to be accepted by Christ. He did it all!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

Oh....what a word and reminder that I needed to hear. Thank you

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I think there are days we could all use the reminder; thanks!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

What a very important reminder. I, too, have that same little girl living inside of me (and I can see it in my own daughter) and we need to read this over and over. Thank you so much for these thoughts!

PS: Even as I write this, I'm listening to Fernando Ortega sing "Jesus Paid It All." How very appropriate! God is so good to give me a soundrack to go along with your post!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Once again wonderful thoughts from your very fertile mind! I truly hope we can sit down and visit someday. Wouldn't that be awesome?

I hope you're having a wonderful week-end.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger sharon brobst said...

Linda as I read this I could feel the tears rise up in me. My value comes from Him and Him alone...I need to remember that daily. Blessings.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I can so relate to having been the same way all my life- always wanting to be a good girl and seeking approval and acceptance.
It has always been so hard for my heart of heart to truly take hold of the truth that I have the righteousness of Christ and God loves me unconditionally.
Thank you for sharing this devotion- such a blessing to me!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

You should write devotional books Linda! I mean this very sincerely...you have a wonderful gift for writing.
This is just beautiful, and a reminder that so many of seem to need. Thank you!!!
You are such a blessing :)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Come on over and check out my newest post and the surprise link at the end!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I agree with the person before me - you could actually take almost everything you've written here and publish a devotional book. SEriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home