About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
In Other Words
Jesus - My Rock
Exhaustified!!
Thankful Thursday
Perseverance
Happy Father's Day
Ruth Bell Graham
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Lavender Hill Pictures

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, June 28, 2007
Thankful Thursday



If it wasn't thursday, and if Iris wasn't hosting Thankful Thursday at Sting My Heart, I would have to write a thankful post anyway. I am so thankful.

I think especially, this week, of the people he has so lovingly placed in my life. I am, of course, thankful for my family. I feel as though I am so very blessed. However, I was thinking about the other people in my life:

First of all my heart is so full of gratitude to all of you, my precious blogging friends, who have prayed for us. I don't know how to adequately express how much it means to know you are being prayed for. We got six and a half inches of rain at our house today. While just thirty minutes away, our son and DIL didn't get much at all. God heard and answered our prayers - yours and ours. Had they gotten the amount of rain we did, we would be pulling soaking wet carpeting out of their house (as we did once before about three years ago). They are predicting more rain over the next few days, but we will just continue to pray and trust God to protect their little home. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS - MY PRECIOUS SISTERS.

I am thankful for my "real life" friends. Seven of us met for lunch yesterday to celebrate Abby's 50th birthday. We talked so much the poor waiter had difficulty getting our order. Some of us haven't seen each other in a few years, and yet it is just as though we were all together a day ago. We just pick right up where we left off. We first got to know one another in a small group Bible Study. We have learned together, prayed for each other, laughed until our sides ached, and cried when one of us was hurting. I know I could call any of them at any time of the day or night and they would be there for me. There are times I think I could make it on my own. That just isn't true. These Godly women aren't just fun to be with, they encourage me, hold me accountable, rejoice with me, teach me and always, always point me to the Savior. I am so thankful for them.

I'm thankful for the Godly leaders in my life. Our Pastor teaches me in such practical terms what it is to live a Godly life. Our music minister inspires me to live a life that glorifies the Lord. I watched him closely last night during choir practice. His love for the Lord Jesus just radiates out of every fiber of his being. Less of self and more of Jesus - that is how he challenges us to live. When we see Christianity modeled in the lives of those in leadership, it blesses us.

I have one other thing I want to thank the Lord for. My Dad has had a constant cough for months now. It is literally just wearing him out. The doctor has given him antibiotics, allergy medicine, cough medicine - nothing seems to help. Yesterday he ordered a chest xray. We were concerned. He has had prostate cancer, and I think that was in the back of all our minds - the worry that the cancer might have come back in a different place.

The xray came back fine. His lungs are clear, and we thank You Lord with all our hearts. We still don't know what is causing the cough. Perhaps it is allergies. After one more round of antibiotics, we will see how he does.

Thank you again - each one of you who prayed for us. You are very, very dear to my heart. In fact - you are just as much my "real life" friends as my "real life" friends.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 4:26 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Bless your thankful heart sweety.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I am so happy that the flooding did not hit your kids' house. What a mess down there, and in Oklahoma. My brother just wrote to say they'd built an ark in their back hard and were bringing in the animals 2x2. 19th day in a row of rain - and worse in Texas, he says.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

SO much to be thankful for!! Not that I wish there were flies in the restaurant, but if there had been I wish I had been a fly on the wall to hear you and your "irl"-friends chatting at lunch. How much fun!

I've been wondering about y'all and all that rain. We sit up high where we are, but my husband's been rained out of work for the past week. We were sweeping water away from my sil's lake house last weekend, too. What a difference a year makes, huh?

I'm praising God for the good report on your dad, and will continue praying that his cough will subside. SO glad it's not what you feared.

Love you, friend!!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Werna Gail said...

A dear sister in the Lord testified at church last night that she had a real bad cough for a long time, can you believe her doctor took her off of some medicine(I forgot what it was) anyway the cough went away. I will pray for his healing. BE BLESSED:-)

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Alycia said...

I've been hearing about all the rain there as well, here in Japan. I am so thankful that so far, you are okay and that your childrens home is okay. I am rejoicing with you that your dad's x-rays came back normal as well. Have a very blessed weekend.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger rena said...

Now, here is someone who knows what priorities are. Your thankful list is wonderful, and I'll join you in thanking God for your dad's clear x-ray!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

The power of prayer is indeed a wonderful thing:-) I'm so glad to hear that your son's house hasn't flooded and praying that it stays so!! Great news about your father...if they've eliminated everything else that could be causing his cough, allergies is most probably the culprit! I can imagine how worried you all were, though, waiting for the results to come in!! Love & Hugs xoxo

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Praise God that your son and DIL didn't get all that rain after all!

Sounds like a fun lunch you had on Wed with your friends!

and also praise God that your dad's xray came out clean!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

How wonderful that your son and DIL's house was spared from all the rain. I hope that God will continue to divert the rain away from their home.
I am so thrilled that you had a great time with all your friends. Isn't it fun to just pick up where you had left off?
I agree, our spiritual leaders can be very instrumental with our own personal walk. The praise team leader in our church is such a person. She has incredible talent and shares it freely with others who want to glorify Him.

Thank you so much, Linda for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home