About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Perseverance
Happy Father's Day
Ruth Bell Graham
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Lavender Hill Pictures
Our Lavender Day
Lavender
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Thankful Thursday




This Thursday we will be on the road heading east to Houston to baby-sit the grandkids for a few days. Saturday is my daughter-in-love’s birthday, and our son asked if we could watch the kids for a couple of days so he could take her away for a special birthday celebration. He has made reservations at a B&B. She is absolutely deserving of a little “r and r”, and we are happy to spend some time with our grandchildren. It will be all five of them this time. Our granddaughter, who is fifteen, is a huge help, and she will be home this time. If you think of us, just pray for safety. I just want everyone to be “intact” when mommy and daddy return home.

I will be gone until Sunday, but I wanted to post my Thankful Thursday post before we left.

I am thankful for the unchanging character of God. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. As I read other blogs I am so encouraged to see the way God is working in your lives. He is consistently faithful, always forgiving, and full of grace and mercy. He hears us when we pray, and He answers our prayers. He gives comfort when we are grieving and peace where it seems no peace is possible. He protects and provides. He draws near to us when we draw near to Him. There is no shadow of turning with Him. He is always just who He says He is. It is the bedrock on which I build my life. I don’t have to worry about whether it will shift or somehow fail.

I am thankful that God’s word is true. It is alive and powerful and life-changing. What was true thousands of years ago is true today. I love it when I pray about something and then find a verse that perfectly answers that prayer. It amazes me when I read a verse I’ve read a hundred times before and suddenly find it has new meaning for the here and now. I am humbled when I read a portion of scripture that convicts my heart and shows me the way I should go. I am brought to tears when a verse ministers to the very place my heart was hurting. I rejoice in the hope and encouragement I find within its pages.

I am thankful and humbled by the knowledge that before the foundations of the world God chose me to be His child. There are times I feel, just as Paul did, that I am the chief of sinners. That He could love and forgive me just amazes me. That He would call me child fills my heart with a love for Him that grows and grows. He has never given me what I deserve. Instead He has poured His mercy and grace into my heart. When I stumble and fall over and over again, He is there to pick me up. He only allows into my life those things that will eventually work together for my good. You are amazing God!

Thank You Lord for the richness of Your blessings.

You will find more Thankful Thursday posts at Sting My Heart - Iris' wonderful blog.

I' ll see y'all on sunday. Have a blessed few days.
 
  posted at 7:27 PM
  24 comments



24 Comments:
At 8:34 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Those are definitely aspects of God to be thankful for. Good thoughts, Linda.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Safe journey, my friend, and have a great time with the grands. ;-)

I'm thankful for many of the same things, Linda.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Have a wonderful and safe time with your grands dear Linda.
Your thoughts always give me much to ponder...
xo

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'll miss you - your wonderful words that you post, as well as your encouraging comments. Have a wonderful time! Your DIL certainly does deserve R&R!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Pearls of Wisdom said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip! Great post . Thanks for sharing and may the Lord bless you this week and always.

In his endless love,

Angel ():)

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Linda,

Wonderful list. Hope your trip is wonderful and safe. Love and blessings, Lynn

http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Nise' said...

Enjoy your time with the grandkids! Amen and Amen to your thankfulness thoughts!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Oh, you are SUCH a sweet Grandmother. Your children and grandchildren are so, so blessed. I'm praying for safe travel for y'all, a wonderfully romantic weekend for your sweet son and DIL, and for precious memories to be made for you and your grands.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Praying that you will have a safe trip, enjoy the time with your sweet grandkids.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Myrna said...

Have a safe and enjoyable time with the grands.

Thank you for sharing you insightful thankful thoughts. Well written!

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Safe journey and safe babysitting (although if you sit on them how can you play with them?) Bad joke sorry. Thank you Lord that you are a BIG God and that you love your little creations.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Mary said...

God is absolutely amazing! Have a great time with the grandkids. Thanks for sharing. Blessings.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Delete said...

Linda,

I love your description of God's character. What a great summary of what God is all about. And it sure sounds like you raised a wonderful son...how sweet to give his wife a break on her birthday!

Jenny

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

I totally know what you mean about God's Word. Just yesterday I was searching for a passage about freedom in Christ. I typed in Romans 8 instead of Hebrews 8 (which I wanted to search for something). As you know it--Romans 8 was just perfect for what I was searching for.
Have a wonderful time with your grandkids. Praying for a safe trip.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Have fun with those babies!

Your list was really a blessing ..:))

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Werna Gail said...

I just had the blessing of a 2 week visit from my daughter and granddaughter, and boy is it quiet here now! Have a safe,fun filled trip. Your comments about God ALWAYS reflect your love and knowledge of Him, you are a blessing and an inspiration.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Safe travels! What a wonderful gift to be able to watch your grandkids so your son and daughter-in-law can get away without worrying. I know I appreciate the help of my parents and in-laws--it's SUCH a blessing!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Have a wonderful time with the grandchildren, Linda! The B&B for your son and his wife sounds like such a great alone time for them!

Your Thankful Thursdays are always such a blessing for me to read!
(((HUGS)))

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Amen, I hope you have a great time away.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger rena said...

Have a safe and fun trip. And yes, His character is amazing and He is forever faithful. Great post.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Alycia said...

I am praying for your safe travels. Your son and his family are so blessed to have such loving grandparents, as you are. I love reading your posts and am always encouraged by your kindness. I even told my husband about you :) Blessings to you while away with your family.

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Hopeful Spirit said...

Hope you have a wonderful time and return safely.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I have tagged you for a very simple, inspirational meme. I hope you can find the time to do it. Thanks!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Susannah said...

Just popped in from Iris' blog, Sting My Heart. Nice to meet you. :~) Congratulations on your award... go take a look! Blessings, e-Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home