About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Lavender Hill Pictures
Our Lavender Day
Lavender
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
A Little Bloggy Break
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
MEMORIAL DAY
Thankful Thursday

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, June 11, 2007
In Other Words




"Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and
knows the One who is leading." Oswald Chambers



When I was a child, I never worried about the future. I didn't fret about what tomorrow would bring. I didn't try to control everything in my small world. I didn't worry about where my life was heading or the circumstances I found myself in. I had no thought about how I would get my next meal or if the bills would be paid on time. I simply trusted that my Mom and Dad would take care of all that.

It wasn't even a conscious thought. From the time of my birth I had been taken care of - fed, clothed, loved, and protected. When it was time to travel, I didn't worry about the weather or the driving conditions or keeping safe. I allowed myself to be carried to the car, strapped in and taken wherever it was my parents wanted to take me. When I was sick, I didn't have to frantically look around for help. My Mom and Dad took care of me.

When I was old enough to get around on my own two little legs, I didn't have to worry about where I was going. There was always a hand to hold on to. If I happened to misstep and fall, there was a loving hand to pick me up and loving arms to comfort me. I was never allowed to wander too far off. Someone who loved me was always watching.

And now I am grown. I have lived long enough to know the terrible dangers life can hold. I know that life can sometimes take me where I don't want to go. Illness can come when we least expect it. Accidents happen to even the nicest of people. Jobs can suddenly come to an end leaving us with crushing debt and no way out.

However, I am still Someone's child. There is Someone who loves me and is taking very good care of me. There is Someone I can trust when I don't know where life is taking me. Someone who will provide for me - who will take care of my every need.
He is there when I wander off or misstep and fall, ready to pick me up with His strong right hand.

If, by faith, I will put my life in His hands I can rest on His promise that He has a plan to prosper me. I may not know the details of that plan, but I know the One who has made the promise. He is faithful. He will never leave me or forsake me. He will lead me in the paths of righteousness. Nothing will ever separate me from His love.

I am once again a little child - throwing myself into the arms of the One who will never let me fall. I don't have to know where we are going. I know Him.

Please visit Iris to read more "In Other Words" posts.
 
  posted at 7:58 PM
  19 comments



19 Comments:
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Alycia said...

Such a treasure of a post. I truly enjoyed reading your take on this quote and it touched my heart. You have such a special insight into faith and have blessed me by writing it. Have a wonderful day!

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

Thank you, sweet friend.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Amen to that, Linda.
Yes, we can trust Him with every step we take, because we know that He will help us up when ever we need Him to.

You know, sometimes I wish I could still have that innocence of a child. No care in the world -- just pure trust without questioning.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this weeks IOW quote.

Be blessed today and always.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Linds said...

So beautifully said, Linda. I also wish sometimes for the innocence and certainty of childhood. Keep believing His arms will always be there to catch you, no matter what.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Thank you for another beautiful post. I am refreshed everytime I come by to see you.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I guess we all need that childlike faith and trust, Linda. Not so easy as we watch the news, read the papers, go through life.

But this was a blessing to me today...the Lord has just recently told me to hold his hand and let Him lead me. So, for me, an appropriate and well-timed post!

Blessings,
Julie

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

I am so thankful that no matter what happens in life...I belong to Someone!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Barb said...

It's such a comfort to know that we are always His little child, no matter how grown up and burdened with responsibility we are.

This is beautifully written. Simply and beautifully stated. Thank you for this, Linda

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

This is just so wonderful. You really do such a great job on these weekly posts. I am in awe.

I never knew we were poor until years later. We had great times without money!

Thanks for stopping by my fun WW. They are special kids all right - as are all grandchildren!

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Congrats on being chosen as a new writer for Laced With Grace.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger someone else said...

What a comfort to know that we really are always His child and He'll always lead us.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Changed by His Love said...

Beautiful post Linda! What a picture you drew for us!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Janna Rust said...

Linda - It is good to meet you as well! I'm looking forward to working with you on the LWG team, and of course, taking time to get to know you through your blog as well.

Blessings to you!

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger JHS said...

Beautiful. I am linking to it from my blog.

Congrats on your new gig, too. :-)

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Miriam Pauline said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing.

And congrats on joining the LWG team. I look forward to reading more of your contributions.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Grafted Branch said...

Wonderful! I love your take on this quote. Surfed over from Iris' page...

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Linda, I read this twice yesterday and didn't get a chance to comment... I loved your take on this quote!

"I am still Someone's child. There is Someone who loves me and is taking very good care of me. There is Someone I can trust when I don't know where life is taking me."

Oh, Amen. This post blessed me so much.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Faerylandmom said...

I am reminded one more time why I keep coming back here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home