About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Exhaustified!!
Thankful Thursday
Perseverance
Happy Father's Day
Ruth Bell Graham
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Lavender Hill Pictures
Our Lavender Day
Lavender

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, June 25, 2007
Jesus - My Rock



My dear friend Dawn has challenged me to write five things I dig about Jesus. She said it was hard to limit it to five, and she is right. Here are five, but I believe the number is limitless. We will spend eternity telling Him all of the things we love about Him.

1. We sing a little worship song in our church that puts this one into words for me. The
Chorus says: “Of all the things about You that I love, I love the most that You first
loved me.”
“But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners,
Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
When I was at my worst, He loved me enough to die for me. I cannot fathom such
love. It makes my heart just burst with love for Him.

2. Jesus, with indescribable humility, left heaven and all that encompassed to come to
earth in the form of man. He was forever changed as He became Son of Man as well
as Son of God. I can hardly get my mind around that. He will always bear the scars
of the sacrifice He made for me. His humility draws me to Him – knowing how
far above me He truly is.
“Have this attitude yourw3elves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He
existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the
likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by
becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.” Philippians 2: 5-8

3. He is my peace.
“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to
you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” John 14:27

4. He has given me eternal life and saved me from all condemnation.
“Truly, truly I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me,
has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into
life.” John 5: 24

5. He never changes. It is the firm foundation that supports my very life. No matter
what circumstances come into my life, no matter how everything around me seems
to shift I know that He will never change. He will always be all He has promised to
be.
“ Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today , yes and forever.” Hebrews 13:8

Jesus is my everything – my hope, my joy, my life. I cannot imagine how I could live without Him. If it were not for Him, there would be only despair and sorrow when the inevitable storms of life hit with a force that threatens my very existence. He has promised to be with me; promised that nothing will ever separate me from His love. I have found His promises to be true. I love You Lord Jesus.

I’m not going to tag anyone else. I think this is one lots of us will want to do. Feel free to participate and let me know if you do. I am excited to see what you have to say.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 1:33 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 3:27 PM, Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

I dig Him too because He digs me first. Or should that read I dig him because He first dug me? :)

I think there is a verse about that somewhere :)

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Linds said...

All I can say is Amen, Linda.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Wonderfully done! I hope others join in.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Thanks for sharing these thoughts from your heart my dear friend!
xo

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

I haven't stopped by in three days!!! I missed reading your posts...I loved all your thoughts on Jesus...but without number 3...I could not survive! His peace...."don't leave home without it!"
God bless you as you continue to bless others!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I take a lot of comfort in all of these but #5 really resonates with me, Linda. How blessed we are that this is so true.

Thank you for your kind comments on all my neverending wedding posts. Your name is in the hat for the favor giveaway. I never dreamed so many people would respond so good luck - I'd love to send you a set. :-)

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

GREAT JOB on this, Linda. I love the verses you used to support each one. I really want to try to put a relevant verse on each post the way so many of you do. I admire that. Beautiful.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

What a beautiful reflection on what you 'dig' about Jesus.
You are so right - there are many things I dig about Him.
Like you said - sometimes I don't get it that He gave His life for me. He left the Heavenly throne to redeem me and others who are trusting to believe in the Word of God.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Be blessed today and always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home