About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Thankful Thursday
Perseverance
Happy Father's Day
Ruth Bell Graham
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Lavender Hill Pictures
Our Lavender Day
Lavender
Thankful Thursday

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, June 24, 2007
Exhaustified!!
We arrived home very late last night. It was such fun!! We had a great time with the grandkids and there were no mishaps!! Thank you for your prayers for safety. My spirit soared and my smile got bigger and bigger as I read all your sweet comments. You are the best - the absolute best.

I am totally out of "kid shape". It shouldn't be that hard to get five children (and one of them a teenager and a huge help) organized, but I found myself running to catch up with myself!! I felt a little better when my six year old grandson, who is just a non-stop ball of energy, fell asleep watching a video yesterday afternoon. I think we just try to cram too much fun into too little time. I really do love spending time with them.

The littlest one has just "mastered" potty training - so we spent a great deal of time in the bathroom. The poor little thing is going to think there is no other topic worth asking about other than, "Do you have to go potty?". She actually did very well - only a few little "mess-ups".

Our son and daughter-in-love had a great time. It was so good to see how rested and happy they looked when they returned home. We all sat around the kitchen table sharing news, and I looked at my son and my heart just filled with joy. He had the sweetest smile and just looked at each of the kids in turn with such love. I'm so glad they had this time together. Peace and quiet are a rare commodity in a house filled with five active children.

So Grandma and Papa were wicked and slept in today. I don't think either one of us even thought about getting up in time for church. I'm going to try to catch up with everyone over the next few days, but for now I think I see a nap in my near future.

I have a meme to write and awards to give out. I'll be working on all of that. Right now I feel a little fuzzy headed. Totally pathetic!!!

Have a blessed sunday everyone, and thank you again for your prayers. They mean the world to me.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 1:02 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I am so glad you're safely home and having a chance to rest. No rush on the meme!!

As for your sweet comment, I don't have 5 and I don't usually have them 24 hours a day! Thank the Lord! I know what you mean about the potty thing. Feisty just had a setback when she got an infection. This is her second backsliding, so I don't know if we'll ever get her totally trained!

Welcome home.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, sounds fun but exhausting! :) Enjoy your day of rest today!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

So glad you tow had fun! Rest, you deserve it :)

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I laughed when I read this, Linda..... this is the "good" kind of exhausted! am so pleased you are back safe. Enjoy your nap.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time! Now it's time for you to rest up!! :-)

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Susie said...

So glad to hear that you're home safe and sound. Keeping up with 5 must be really tiring. I've never done that!
(I'm sure it 5x the fun, though!)
I think it does our children good to spend some one on one time with their spouse. Happy parents make for happy homes for our grandchildren!
Now rest, Grammy!!
xo

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

I am so thrilled you had a great time :) - even when you are exhaustified!!!! Love that word.

I am glad you made it home safely, my dear friend.

Blessings on your up-coming week and always.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

it's so wonderful that you were able to watch the grandkids so their parents could get away from some R&R and a bday celebration! Glad you survived :)

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

So glad you are home safely and that all went so well. You deserve a huge blessing for the gift of time that you gave your son and his wife, and for taking the time to make memories with your grandchildren. Go ahead and rest without feeling guilty. I know exactly how much energy it takes! :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home