About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
In Other Words
MEMORIAL DAY
Thankful Thursday
The Fawn
Celebrating Me - Woman to Woman
Feeling Rich (and Blessed)
Thankful Thursday
A Meme!
His Eye Is On the Sparrow
Happy Mothers' Day

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, May 31, 2007
Thankful Thursday



"O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
For His lovingkindness is everlasting."
I Chronicles 16:34

I am thankful that the Lord who created the heavens and the earth loves each one of us with a love that never fails or changes. He sees us; He hears us; He calls each one of us by name.

I am thankful for the love of family. For parents whose unconditional love sustains; for children whose lavish love blesses; for grandchildren whose love comes like a precious gift.

I am thankful for the love of friends. It is a love that accepts and encourages and supports.

I am thankful that love is not dependant on the feelings of a particular moment. Sometimes we must choose to love. Sometimes others must choose to love us in spite of our "unloveliness". It is that love which draws us and causes us to love in return. It is the love that Jesus models.

I am thankful that love is not limited or stagnant. The more we love, the more love grows. The more we choose to love in moments when it doesn't seem possible, the deeper love grows.

I am thankful that while we were yet sinners Christ loved us enough to die for us. He didn't wait until we were worthy to be loved. He loved us right where we were. I am so very thankful for love.

To read more "Thankful Thursday" posts visit Iris at Sting My Heart.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 2:58 PM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Susie said...

These posts are so uplifting to me dear Linda...
I love this line "I am thankful for the love of family. For parents whose unconditional love sustains; for children whose lavish love blesses; for grandchildren whose love comes like a precious gift."
Beautiful words and so very true..
xoxox

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Such a great thankful list, bless you.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Serving Him said...

Linda, What a beautiful list. Thank you for sharing. This is my first time visiting your blog...I LOVE your color scheme and picture up top...very calming and beautiful. Enjoy your day. Sincerely, Serving Him

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Linds said...

As always, Linda, you seem to say what is in my heart too. I am thankful for my dear blogging friends, and you are a gem among them!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I have more to be thankful for than I could ever list. :-)

I am thankful for YOU, dear heart.

Have a wonderful day, Linda.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Alycia said...

Praising you for the love in your life! Blessings to you, from Okniawa, Japan!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Thankful for love. And that He knows our name. How awesome is that?? What a great list. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your weekend.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Nise' said...

Thank you for the encouragment and the reminder to choose to love even if there's not much to love at the moment! I need this lesson today!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I am thankful because every breath I breathe is from Him...a constant reminder I always need HIM.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Alycia said...

Hi again Linda. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :) I think I need to learn about bloglines. Do you have a useful website that you visit? Thanks so much and have a blessed day!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Holly said...

You are Precious...you know that??

I hope to hear results tomorrow...thanks for your prayers AND fpr what you wrote on Heather's blog today...it was very tender and a reflection of God's heart.
Love,
holly

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Beautiful and encouraging words Linda!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Thank you so much...this post really blessed me and brought tears to my eyes. (((HUGS)))

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Love is a wonderful thing. Love is not depended on feelings, but it so much more...I so agree with you.
I like what you have said that "that love is not dependent on the feelings of a particular moment" -- I know that I am sometimes not very lovable :)

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart this week.

Be blessed this weekend as you spending time with your beloved family...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home