About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
In Other Words
For Heather
Home Again
In Other Words
Catching Up
Easter Wishes
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
I Was Wondering....
Prayer of Thanks

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, April 19, 2007
Thankful Thursday




I have just come from Iris' blog, Sting My Heart, where she is hosting Thankful Thursday. Her bubbly, thankful heart are such a blessing. I am so thankful she gives us this wonderful opportunity to give thanks to the Lord.

Today I am so thankful for prayer and for the way it draws us together and to the heart of the Father. There is such power in prayer. To know the Holy, Righteous Lord bends down to listen to my words is nothing short of miraculcous.

I am thankful for answered prayer in keeping our family safe as we all traveled to different places.

I am thankful we have a President who was able to offer real comfort to the family and friends (and to a grieving nation) of the victims of the Virginia Tech massacre as he quoted scripture and pointed us to the source of all comfort.

I am thankful that even when it seems as though evil has gotten the upper hand, there is a God in heaven who remains in control of all things. We can trust Him, because we know Him. He is all He says He is.

I am thankful to be a part of a group who has come together to help one of us. It is so exciting to see what we have been able to do for Heather and her family. We joined together in the kind of unity Jesus prayed for. We set aside any differences that could possibly divide us and united in love. I wonder what we could do if all of the churches who believe in the One True God set aside the things we have allowed to divide us and came together as one. I think we would see God move in a very powerful way. We saw it this week, and I am thankful.

Have a blessed day
 
  posted at 12:06 PM
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Yes, Linda--God's presence is very real and active in our lives. This TT gives us the opportunity to be in the moment....and reflect on His goodness...all of His goodness!

I am so thankful to have found such a great group of bloggers who are willing to put "wings on God's Word" and deliver His love, comfort, peace, strength....and blessings!

Diane

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Even in times of distress, I want to remember how much there is to be thankful for. When I take my focus off of the human element, I find that peace once again.

Thank you for these good words today.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Just a wonderful list, Linda. I couldn't agree with you more about our President - I only wish more people understood what a blessing it is that our President is a Christian.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Nise' said...

Amen and Amen! It is so awesome to see how we have been united together through blogdom to help out a sister in Christ.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I haven't really read Heather's blog before, but it is amazing to see how everyone has come together with donations for her family during this difficult time.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful thankful list.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Linds said...

This has been quite a week, hasn't it. We have so much to be thankful for. Lovely post, Linda.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I too remain overwhelmed at the Goodness of God and the showering of love on Heather's family. It is no less than miraculous.. Our God is still One of Wonders!!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Such a great list! I hurt for President Bush and Laura every time I hear hateful and nasty things said, or see articles that talk about his drinking and their imminent divorce. I hope they pay no attention. We have to keep praying for them! For sure.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Linda,
Good to hear from you, sweet Sister! I am thankful for the things you are thankful for, and May I just add YOU to the list, as well?

Did you see the picture of frosty bluebonnets? I put it there just for you!

Love in Him,
Holly

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Ah, yes, the wonders of God's hand is beautiful to me. I think that is why I love the blogging community so much. We are united in the One who gave us life again--life for eternity. I so agree with you--I wish we could put our difference aside. One day we will though-when we worship Him in heaven -- looking forward to the day.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Janis Rodgers said...

What a beautiful list! I especially liked the last two items! If we would come together in real life like we have on the internet, then changes would be made in the world. Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my blog! Blessings to you!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I am always amazed how when evil shows it's face there are many more people who come out and wrap their arms around those who are hurt and show God's love is all around. It's wonderful to see many people embracing those from Virginia Tech and wanting to offer comfort proving once again goodness always prevails.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home