About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Easter Wishes
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
I Was Wondering....
Prayer of Thanks
Thinking Blogger Award - Meme
In Other Words
Pruning
Never Too Old
Thankful Thursday

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, April 09, 2007
Catching Up
We did the usual Monday morning errands this morning and have just finished lunch. Now I need to try to do a bit of catching up. Last week was so busy – too many things got let go. I’m behind on just about everything – including doing any writing or reading of posts. I’m going to try to get lots done in the next couple of days because we go to Houston bright and early Thursday morning to do a bit of baby sitting.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. We certainly did. We sang with our church choir Friday night, Saturday night and the early service on Sunday morning. It was just glorious. I think that’s the best word to describe it. You would think it would get a bit boring singing the same songs, watching the same drama and hearing the same sermon. All I can say is we were both disappointed we couldn’t stay for the late service on Sunday. Our church was filled to overflowing; the music was amazing; the drama was so touching and the sermon truly uplifting. Jesus was there – just as He was in every place where there were two or more gathered together in His name. The prayer of our hearts is that lives were changed and souls saved in each of those places.

On Friday I had to make a quick run to see my sweet Physician’s Assistant (who really takes care of most of my health care and is just brilliant as far as I’m concerned). My right ear had been giving me trouble off and on for a week or so, but it had gotten to the point where it was totally blocked. I mean – I was as deaf as a post in that ear. I felt like I had my head stuck in a barrel. I called her in the morning, and she told me to come on in at 1:15; that in and of itself is nothing short of miraculous. She is so busy (she works at the V.A. where I have my health care coverage through my husband’s disability), but she made the time for me. She flushed out both my ears (and I’ll spare you the description of the amount of wax that came out), and it was like a miracle. I could hear again!! I was so grateful. Singing with one ear plugged up is not pleasant. I can hear myself far too clearly!

After church on Sunday, we met our daughter for lunch. After lunch we headed out to my Mom and Dad’s for the family gathering. Their little house was bursting at the seams (and the kids and grandkids from Houston weren’t even there). Our granddaughters had their Easter egg hunt in the back yard (despite the very chilly – make that cold – weather). Then we ate until we were stuffed. My Mom is amazing. She still dyed Easter eggs, baked Italian Easter cookies and Easter bread and prepared the meal. I just treasure every one of these family gatherings. Each one is so precious.

My Dad surprised me with a special little gift. I decided to give up sweets for the six weeks leading up to Easter. Anyone who knows me will understand that that wasn’t easy for me to do. I’m the girl who would rather have chocolate than a healthy piece of fruit any day of the week. I didn’t really tell many people about it, but I had to tell my Mom and Dad because every time we visit she bakes!! When we arrived at my parents’ house yesterday, my mother took me aside and told me my Dad was so proud of me for keeping my commitment he bought me a present. It was a SOLID DARK CHOCOLATE EASTER BUNNY! I can only say that is my idea of a perfect Easter present.

It has been a blessed season for me. I love this time of year and this particular celebration is so special. The one think that really spoke to me during our Easter service came during the dramatization of the crucifixion (and it was so well done – so real). It was difficult to sing without crying when they hung Jesus on the cross, but the moment that truly pierced my heart was when the mob ran in from all directions shouting insults and cursing the One who was giving His life for them and enduring suffering we cannot even begin to fathom. Somehow I saw myself in that crowd – when I am disobedient and rebellious, when I put so many other things before my relationship to Him, when I become complacent and disinterested. I tremble to think that had I lived at that time I might have been one of them. I certainly don’t want to be one of them now. I want to embrace all that He has for me and live my life in a way that demonstrates how very much I love Him and how grateful I am for all He has done for me.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 1:40 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Barb said...

It's so encouraging to me to hear that someone else is too busy to keep up with reading and commenting out here, Linda. I swear, it seems like I've been behind for weeks now.

It was a cold rainy Easter here. Luckily, Rob and I didn't have a big family gathering planned this year. It was just the two of us so we stayed inside and (don't laugh) ahd taco salad! I'm glad I didn't have to orchestrate an Easter egg hunt this year.

Your church service sounds wonderful. Can't blame you for wanting to stay for the second service. Enjoy your babysitting trip. I'm finding out granchildren is small doses are just the best. LOL (I have Cameron today. Poor little guy - he's sick.)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter!

How great that the PA was able to get you in so quickly and fix your ear right up!

that was so sweet of your dad!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Busy here at my place, too, Linda.

I have so much I need to do that it just makes my head swim. Kind of overwhelming, actually. But, I'll get it done, slowly but surely.

Our Easter was cold but sunny. I ended up going with my sister Martha, and her son, Danny and his wife, Mikki and baby Seth to eat lunch, then back to my place for dessert and back to church last night.

This time next year Emmy will be here to celebrate Easter with us!

I know just what you mean about being one of the crowd during Jesus' crucifixion. I fear I might have been on the wrong side then myself.

Hope you get everything done and have a great time babysitting.

Take care of Linda, too.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, it sounds like a wonderful Easter, Linda! And how very sweet your dad surprised you with a chocolate Easter bunny! I just love it...and of course, I'm sure you're still his little girl!

And your mom sounds amazing with all she does!

Yes, this past week was one of my busiest, too...today was my first day to slow down so I'm trying to catch up visiting everyone. But the rest of the week gets busy again!

It sounds like your Easter service was wonderful! (Ours was too!)

Have a great week, Linda! :)

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Your weekend sounded wonderful with family and church services. Ours was too, but has also left me with much to do! I am just praying that the weather warms up soon!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Your Easter sounded lovely! Having family around is priceless!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I know just how you feel Linda. I don't think I'll ever get caught up, but my best just has to be good enough!!
Glad your Easter was wonderful and meaningful. Hope you enjoy your time with the Grandkids as much as we've been enjoying ours this week. They are my very good reason for not blogging much!
xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home