About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Catching Up
Easter Wishes
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
I Was Wondering....
Prayer of Thanks
Thinking Blogger Award - Meme
In Other Words
Pruning
Never Too Old

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, April 10, 2007
In Other Words





"Ancient words, ever true
Changing me and Changing you.
We have come with open hearts.
O let the ancient words impart."
Lynn DeShazo

It is a Book that was written over a period of 1,500 years. It has about 40 different authors. Yet it is one complete book with no contradiction. It is an ancient book spanning vastly different times yet always relevant to the people who read its powerful words. It's words and truths have always been life-changing. They continue to do that to this day.

The Bible is God's word to us. It is Spirit-breathed. If we come to its pages with open hearts, we hear the voice of the Author, and we are changed. It brings light to a heart darkened by sin and separation from the Father. It gives instruction to those who believe in Him. It gives comfort in sorrow and hope when all seems lost.

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
It is indeed alive and active. I have come to its pages in time of deepest need and found there just exactly what my broken heart needed. I can come to the same passage at a different time and have it speak to my heart in a whole new way. Its truths pierce my heart when I am wandering down a path that leads to destruction. It teaches me things that enable me to grow in wisdom and knowledge.

I love the written word. I am so thankful the ancient men were obedient to the call of the Spirit and faithfully recorded the words He spoke to them. Their voices echo down through the ages - and we are so blessed.

For more insights on this quote please visit Loni.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:29 AM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Amen! It is one of a kind and what we need to live our lives by.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Holly said...

And we receive His Word and pass it down...thank you sweet Linda, so your blog and your sweet comments on my blog. You're right, we're going to miss Chris' parents dearly. His Dad is turning 80 this year and has emphysema, so he used an oxygen tank here this time; but it was just very hard for him to breathe. We nearly clipped some wires on their vehicle(hee hee) to keep them here :)
Love you much!
Holly

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Delete said...

Hi Linda-

"I can come to the same passage at a different time and have it speak to my heart in a whole new way." I absolutely agree! That is why it is the living word. It molds itself to what God needs us to hear at a given moment.

Jenny

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Faerylandmom said...

What a quote...

What you said is so true. I have even found that one verse can speak to me in different ways at different times.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Christina said...

It always amazes me how the Bible can have all the answers to today's question just like the answers it had to the questions from so long ago. It never changes.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I agree with every word and yes we are so fortunate to have this very special Book. It is a blessing indeed.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Denise said...

This is so very true. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Makes you wonder what the world as we know it would be like if we didn't have this book! xox

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Pearls of Wisdom said...

Amen! I so agree with you. Thank you for sharing your post is full of such wisdom and insight.

In his endless love,

Angel Mama ():) Pearls of Wisdom

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Beautifully written once again. Isn't it amazing how we suddenly see something we've read a hundred times and it jumps out and changes our lives?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I couldn't agree more, Linda. Knowing The Author is really our most important goal. Well said!

I never cease to thank the Lord for His Word!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Beautiful, Linda!
The Word of God is His love letter...and at the same time, so powerful!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

"If we come to its pages with open hearts, we hear the voice of the Author, and we are changed. It brings light to a heart darkened by sin and separation from the Father."

Oh, this really spoke to me! I just love the way you said this. Amen and amen. What an awesome post!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

How beautifully written, Linda. You are right, His Word is comfort and peace. I have had it too that even though I read the passage many times, sometimes it gives me a different understanding; a deeper understanding of His heart...

Blessings to you and yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home