About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
In Other Words
Catching Up
Easter Wishes
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
I Was Wondering....
Prayer of Thanks
Thinking Blogger Award - Meme
In Other Words
Pruning

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, April 14, 2007
Home Again
We are home, and the first thing I want to say is thank you for your prayers. We weren't in the door ten minutes last night before the storm broke. We were so thankful to be snug inside our home while the thunder rolled, the lightning flashed and the wind lashed the rain against our windows. Thank You Lord!!

We had a great time with our grandchildren. The time went by so quickly. My husband played and rode bikes with our grandson the whole time. He really enjoyed having Papa all to himself. I got to spend time with the girls. L. is the middle child of five - so I think it was nice for her to get to be "oldest" for a few days. She was a great help - even giving directions to Papa when we took them into town to do a bit of shopping and eating out. She really knows her way around, and I (being directionally challenged) was very impressed.

I had such fun taking care of my three year old granddaughter. I got to dress her and comb her hair. She talks a "blue streak", and I love just listening to her. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with them.

No news yet from the two oldest grandchildren who are in Oklahoma for the Bible Quiz. I'll be sure and post the results as soon as I know anything.

I'm now going to try to read some of your posts between doing a bit of laundry and getting ready for church this evening. My saturdays go so quickly. We have to be at church by 4:15 for choir so the day just seems to fly by.

Thank you so much again for praying for us. God hears and answers prayer.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 12:02 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Great you are home safe and had a wonderful time!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

glad to hear you had a safe trip and made it home just in time!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

I am glad that you made it back safely and had a great time with the grandkids :)....

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Glad you're home safe and sound. Sounds like those storms did some terrible damage!
We've had lots of rain too..
Glad you had fun with the grands. Those times are so precious.
hugs!!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Glad you beat the storm and that you had such a great time. I'm anxious to hear how the quizzers did.

Part 6 is finally up for both Kev and me.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Linda, you always leave the sweetest comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet words.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time with those precious grandkids. Aren't they great fun?
We were supposed to have our Community Choir Easter concert tonight but it was canceled because of the latest snow storm. We expect to wake up to 10 or 12". As Pastor said this morning..it's God's work, so we shouldn't complain, but should appreciate it as such. Hard sometimes when we're longing so fiercely for the sunshine and warmth!
But - next weekend is supposed to be nice! And that's something to look forward to. Hope you have a great week xo

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Glad to hear you had such a good time with your grandkids.

I hope this storm is coming to an end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home