About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Thinking Blogger Award - Meme
In Other Words
Pruning
Never Too Old
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Thankful Thursday
In This Skin
Bluebonnets!!
Sunday Afternoon Chat

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, March 31, 2007
Prayer of Thanks

I have been reading through the Psalms. Yesterday I came to Psalm 139. I think it is my very favorite - although there are so many of them that minister to me in ways I cannot even begin to describe. I like to read this particular Psalm like a prayer of thanksgiving to the Lord. :

Thank You Father for knowing me so very well:

You “…know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You scrutinize my path and my lying down and art intimately acquainted with
all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue….You know it all.
You have enclosed me behind and before and laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me.”

You created me and have a special plan for my life.

You “…formed my inward parts and wove me in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks to You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made….
My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret and skillfully
Wrought in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance,
And in Your book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me
When as yet there was not one of them.”

You think about me all the time – just as though I were Your only child Lord.

“How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.”

The Psalmist ends with these words, “Search me, O God and know my heart. Try me and know my anxious thoughts, and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.”

I love this Psalm. When I begin to have negative thoughts about my worth, I hear what my God has to say about me. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. With His own hands He knit me together in my mother’s womb. It is, as the Psalmist says, too wonderful for me. When I wonder, in the face of difficulty, if He cares, I read that His thoughts about me outnumber the sand. And when I am fearful about the future, I see that He has a marvelous plan for me that was written before I ever drew my first breath.

Thank You, Lord, for a love that overwhelms my heart. Thank You for loving me as though I were Your only child. Thank You for loving each one of us, each uniquely special one of us, as though we were Your only child. What a wonderful Father You are.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 1:14 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Ps. 139... one of my very all time favorites!

Thanks for sharing these wonderful words with us again today!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Beautiful Linda, and so appropriate for this joyous season.
((hugs))

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Teresa Calcao said...

What a wonderful "place" you have here....Thank you Lord!
xo

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh, Linda, this is absolutely my FAVORITE Psalm as well! It just touches my heart like no other. I'm right there with you, girlfriend!

And PLEASE don't hate me...I still have not done the whole Thinking Blog Award pay-it-forward thing. Aaack! I've been gone for 3 straight days...my last post was basically pictures only. I'm hoping to get to it soon...

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

This is such a wonderful Psalm I agree. When I was teaching I use to read a Psalm a morning. I should do that again.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Love this Psalm too! It is one I often have to pray over and over again, but one day it just may truly sink in. Thanks for always sharing God's word in your posts.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

I love reading the Psalms. Did you know that there is a Jewish tradition of reading a psalm a year? Each year of your life, pick one or two psalms to meditate on and study in depth for the whole year. For instance, if you are 35 you study Psalm 35 (you don't have to stick with the exact numbers). I think that is a beautiful idea to really learn and memorize those songs of praise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home