About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Father's Love Letter
Thankful Thursday
Is It A Girl Thing?
Tea and Converation (or coffee or diet coke)
Appointments With God
The Hurriedder I Go, The Behinder I Get!!
Bread of Life
Legacy
Reveal
Thank You For Being You

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, February 13, 2007
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

I won’t be here tomorrow to wish you Happy Valentine’s Day – so I am sending out my wishes today. Here’s to all my wonderful “Bloggy Friends”.

How Do I Love Thee?

How to I love Thee – Let me count the ways:

I love thee because thou makest my heart glad with amusing stories.

I love thee because thou liftith my spirit when I am in the depths of sorrow.

I love thee because thou hast walked beside me and prayed for me when I was in need of help.

I love thee because thou didst help me when I stood wringing my hands in utter confusion over how to post pictures and put things in my side bar.

I love thee because thou didst share recipes that delight the palate.

I love thee because thou hast inspired me to get my curtains washed.

I love thee because thou hast read the writings of my heart.

I love thee because we share a faith that knits our hearts together in love.

I think sometimes we use the word “love” a bit too easily. We love so many things from chocolate to our children. I thought carefully before I used it today. I didn’t want to be casual (although I did make a feeble attempt at a bit of humor). I decided to use it because I have come to feel a love for you that is real. It is a sisterly love, a love that cares about you and your families, a love that is compelled to pray for you when you have shared your needs, a love that draws me to check on you as often as I can. I believe we have become sisters of the heart. So Happy Valentine’s Day dear sisters!! Thank you for all you have come to mean to me.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:14 AM
  20 comments



20 Comments:
At 1:55 PM, Blogger someone else said...

This was so special, Linda. We all do share something nice, don't we?

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

This was so neat! I loveth the language thou hast chosen, LOL. I feel the same way, and I find myself praying for fellow bloggers in the night or thinking about you all during the day. God is doing something wonderful through all of this, I believe. The sisterhood that is shared is real!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Ah, Happy Valentine's Day to you too! You have such a sweet and compassionate heart. Not having a sister, if I did, I would love to have a sister like you Linda! :)

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Linda,
This is one of the very nicest tributes to the beauty of blogging friendships that I've read.
Like Pamela, and MG, I don't have a sister, so blogging truly does form a sisterhood of sorts for me. It's both a comfort and joy..
Happy Valentine's Day!
xoxo

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Valentine's Day to thou also dear Linda:-) We all certainly do share a kinship with each other and just know that I love thou too!! hehe Hugs xox

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I love it! And I do feel the same way, though do not have the poetic spirit within me that you do. Have a great Valentine's Day, whatever and wherever, and talk to you soon.

Valentine's Day has always taken a back seat to Kev's birthday (today), hence the big celebration at my, Kristens', and Sema's sites today.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Linda............Your heart is speaking volumns I can tell.

May you and your Valentine enjoy this day.

Lee-ann

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Barb said...

You're going to laugh out loud when you see the post I just did, Linda. Go ahead. Run over and look. LOL

Ummm, who inspired you to wash your curtains? Sorry.

I know exactly what you're saying here and I feel pretty darn sure you're saying what almost all of us are feeling. It is truly a sisterhood of the heart. Thank you for putting it all so beautifully.

And Happy Valentine's Day to you, too.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Happy Valentines to you sweet blogging sister! It has been a pleasure getting to share life along side you.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Christina said...

You did a great job. I feel the same way. I always keep you and all the others in my prayers. I used to think it was strange when people said they met their mates on the internet and now that I've seen how you can get to know and care for friends online, it doesn't seem strange at all.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I told Barb (who also posted this poem) that I almost did, as well! I have it in my drafts, in fact! But I found myself posting on "daddies" instead...

But I love this poem! And I love the story behind the poem, too!

A very Happy Valentine's Day, Linda!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

p.S...your thoughts afterward were so sweet...I feel the same way about my new blogging friends!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Stopping back by to say Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

What a talented writer you are, thanks for the lovely thoughts! Happy Valentines Day to you.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

What a sweet post, Linda! And I feel the same way!!

I hope you have a great Valentine's Day!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I thought you're so-called feeble attempt at humor was great! It made me giggle and I laughed right out loud at being inspired to wash curtains. Hmmm, wonder who that might have been?! :vD

I feel the same way. It's a special thing going on around here!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Werna Gail said...

I'm a little late in stopping by but did not want to neglect to say , hope your Valentines day was special and blessed. I am an only child also and appriciate the bond of my blog friends. BE BLESSED

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Well, that was just LOVEly!

Perfect!

Happy Valentines Day!

Diane

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I agree that blogging has brought some really special joys ot my life. Sisters of the heart. Yes, I think so. You are all real to me.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

I missed this post closer to the date, but just had to say Linda, that it's so sweet. You've written so well about the blogging relationship we all have.
I agree with the sentiments of Susie, and so many others...I too don't have a sister, and get so much pleasure sharing the everyday ups and downs with such caring "sisters". It's a definite feeling of love and friendship. Thank you for saying it so well!
I should be inspired to wash my curtains!! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home