About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Thankful Thursday
Is It A Girl Thing?
Tea and Converation (or coffee or diet coke)
Appointments With God
The Hurriedder I Go, The Behinder I Get!!
Bread of Life
Legacy
Reveal
Thank You For Being You
Sunday Afternoon

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, February 11, 2007
Father's Love Letter
As we approach Valentines' Day - the day we express out love for each other - I thought I would share a love letter from the Father to us, His children.

My Child


You may not know me, but I know everything about you. Psalm 139:1
I know when you sit down and when you rise up. Psalm 139:2
I am familiar with all your ways. Psalm 139:3
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. Matthew 10:29-31
For you were made in my image. Genesis 1:27
In me you live and move and have your being. Acts 17:28
For you are my offspring. Acts 17:28
I knew you even before you were conceived. Jeremiah 1:4-5
I chose you when I planned creation. Ephesians 1:11-12
You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book. Psalm 139:15-16
I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live. Acts 17:26
You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14
I knit you together in your mother's womb. Psalm 139:13
And brought you forth on the day you were born. Psalm 71:6
I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me. John 8:41-44
I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love. 1 John 4:16
And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. 1 John 3:1
Simply because you are my child and I am your Father. 1 John 3:1
I offer you more than your earthly father ever could. Matthew 7:11
For I am the perfect father. Matthew 5:48
Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand. James 1:17
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs. Matthew 6:31-33
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Because I love you with an everlasting love. Jeremiah 31:3
My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore. Psalms 139:17-18
And I rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
I will never stop doing good to you. Jeremiah 32:40
For you are my treasured possession. Exodus 19:5
I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul. Jeremiah 32:41
And I want to show you great and marvelous things. Jeremiah 33:3
If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me. Deuteronomy 4:29
Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
For it is I who gave you those desires. Philippians 2:13
I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine. Ephesians 3:20
For I am your greatest encourager. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you. Psalm 34:18
As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart. Isaiah 40:11
One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes. Revelation 21:3-4
And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth. Revelation 21:3-4
I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus. John 17:23
For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed. John 17:26
He is the exact representation of my being. Hebrews 1:3
He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you. Romans 8:31
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins. 2 Corinthians 5:18-19
Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled. 2 Corinthians 5:18-19
His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you. 1 John 4:10
I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love. Romans 8:31-32
If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me. 1 John 2:23
And nothing will ever separate you from my love again. Romans 8:38-39
Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen. Luke 15:7
I have always been Father, and will always be Father. Ephesians 3:14-15
My question is…Will you be my child? John 1:12-13
I am waiting for you. Luke 15:11-32Love, Your Dad.

You can find this, with the audio, on the website www.fathersloveletter.com
It was written by Barry Adams.
I hope it blesses your heart.
 
  posted at 10:38 AM
  16 comments



16 Comments:
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Susie said...

What lovely verses you've shared Linda. Each one is indeed a special reminder, isn't it!
Thanks for your continued prayers for Grandpa. You have such a sweet and caring heart.
xoxo

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I so loved reading through these verses, Linda...each one of them special, just like you are!! Hugs xoxo

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Just lovely! It's always good to be reminded of how much our Father in Heaven loves us.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger gramma_s said...

I just have to leave a comment, Hope you don't mind. I found you blog while surfing the web, and it is such a treat to find a blog of someone that loves my Father and expresses it like yo do. (I think we have the same Father which would make us sisters. :-) I hope i can find your blog again, I don't know how to subscribe to your site and since I belong to xanga? I'm learning though, by the time I'm 103 I'll know all aobut it. (which is only 38 years away, It will be here before you know it. :-)

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

That is SO wonderful!!! I love it!! And SO true!!
I wanted to drop you a quick comment and say Thank You for all the sweet posts about Gary! All of you are so great!!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Such a beautiful list!

I've mentioned before that Kev's birthday has always taken precedence over Valentine's Day. I usually end up getting him his favorite candy, Russell Stover's. Nothing creative or expensive here, I'm afraid!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Thank you for this.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh that is such a wonderful love letter! Thanks for sharing it, I enjoyed taking the time to read each verse!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

I can't remember where I had seen this before but really enjoyed reading His love letter again! Very sweet and very encouraging, especially when you put all the verses in this format! lol God asks so little of us and yet, wants the world for us!

What a perfect post for around Valentines Day! :)

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Oh, Linda this DID bless me today. I just printed it out to put in my prayer journal for this week. Thank you so much for posting it!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Thank you for posting this. It gives me chills knowing my Father adores me so. I am making a copy right away.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. It touched my heart this morning--for some reason, I needed to see this.

Diane

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Hi there... this is just lovely. I crawled over via Morning Glory to visit! I will be back.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

FABULOUS! I Love how all the Scriptures are tied to it! Perfect!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Christina said...

These are wonderful verses. I am going to copy them and hang them in my room so I can look at them every day as a reminder to our Father's love.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Keziah said...

That's a wonderful list of verses. I read that and chastise myself for worrying about anything - how could I when my Father is watching over me? Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home