Thursday, February 08, 2007
I love visiting Kathleen Marie's beautiful blog. Today she has invited us to link there and do a Thankful Thursday post.
These are the things that come to mind today:
1. I am thankful for family. For my husband who always puts me first, my parents who have given us such love and the example of a Godly life, and my children and grandchildren who bring so much joy.
2. I am thankful for the friends God has placed in my life. It is so good to be able to just be myself and know they love me - warts and all.
3. I am thankful for music. It enriches my life.
4. I am thankful for the beauty of creation. God is a master artist and His works are magnificent.
5. I am thankful for good books.
6. I am thankful for my home and the memories it holds.
7. I am thankful for a childhood that was happy and carefree. I realize more and more how very blessed I was to grow up in a home filled with love and warmth and Christian values. It is something I never take for granted.
8. I am thankful that the Lord is in even the small things. I believe He prompted me to begin writing a blog, and it has been so much more than I ever imagined. I thought I would do a bit of writing. I had no idea it would bring so much into my life.
9. I am thankful for God's faithful provision in our lives. We have everything we need - and so much more.
10. I am thankful for laughter. There was a time I thought joy was gone forever, but by God's grace laughter fills our home again.
11. I am so thankful that God chose me before the creation of the world. I can hardly take it in, but it is true. He chose each one of us to be His children. He has given us the promise of eternity with Him. He has lavished us with His unconditional love. He is our perfect Father.
12. I am thankful that nothing can come into my life that does not pass through the hands of my Father first. I am thankful I can trust Him.
P.S. I always worry when I link to things that I will somehow get it wrong and hurt someone's feelings. I believe the original link for this is at Sting My Heart . I'm sorry I got it mixed up. I am trying to get all this right :)