About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Is It A Girl Thing?
Tea and Converation (or coffee or diet coke)
Appointments With God
The Hurriedder I Go, The Behinder I Get!!
Bread of Life
Legacy
Reveal
Thank You For Being You
Sunday Afternoon
Oswald Chambers on Prayer

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, February 08, 2007
Thankful Thursday


I love visiting Kathleen Marie's beautiful blog. Today she has invited us to link there and do a Thankful Thursday post.

These are the things that come to mind today:

1. I am thankful for family. For my husband who always puts me first, my parents who have given us such love and the example of a Godly life, and my children and grandchildren who bring so much joy.

2. I am thankful for the friends God has placed in my life. It is so good to be able to just be myself and know they love me - warts and all.

3. I am thankful for music. It enriches my life.

4. I am thankful for the beauty of creation. God is a master artist and His works are magnificent.

5. I am thankful for good books.

6. I am thankful for my home and the memories it holds.

7. I am thankful for a childhood that was happy and carefree. I realize more and more how very blessed I was to grow up in a home filled with love and warmth and Christian values. It is something I never take for granted.

8. I am thankful that the Lord is in even the small things. I believe He prompted me to begin writing a blog, and it has been so much more than I ever imagined. I thought I would do a bit of writing. I had no idea it would bring so much into my life.

9. I am thankful for God's faithful provision in our lives. We have everything we need - and so much more.

10. I am thankful for laughter. There was a time I thought joy was gone forever, but by God's grace laughter fills our home again.

11. I am so thankful that God chose me before the creation of the world. I can hardly take it in, but it is true. He chose each one of us to be His children. He has given us the promise of eternity with Him. He has lavished us with His unconditional love. He is our perfect Father.

12. I am thankful that nothing can come into my life that does not pass through the hands of my Father first. I am thankful I can trust Him.

Blessings,
Linda

P.S. I always worry when I link to things that I will somehow get it wrong and hurt someone's feelings. I believe the original link for this is at Sting My Heart . I'm sorry I got it mixed up. I am trying to get all this right :)
 
  posted at 2:52 PM
  16 comments



16 Comments:
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Very nice list. I have so many of the same things to be Thankful for.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Love your list Linda. You always blog with such a thankful and thoughtful heart.
Such a pleasure to come here and just find a peaceful, loving post!
hugs!!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Really enjoyed your list, bless you.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I enjoyed reading your list. Many wonderful things to be thankful for.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

No worries about the linkage :) - I am just glad that you shared with us your thankful list...
You know, sometimes we take things around us for granted. I need to remind myself for all the blessings God keeps pouring out on my family and me. I am especially thankful for the family God has placed me in.

Thanks again for sharing your list.

Blessings on your evening and always...

BTW - you have a beautiful blog :)

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger someone else said...

That's truly a list of thankfulness. Thank you for sharing these special thoughts with us.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Lovely and thoughtful things to be thankful for! I love your list and it is a blessing to be able to say you are grateful for a loving Christian home to grow up in! Very nice Linda! :)

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I love your list. I am so thankful that we began this blogging journey and have made so many wonderful soul-mates. I loved writing when I was younger and am so grateful to have a reason to do it again.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Great thing to be thankful for on any Thursday! What a blessing.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

There are numerous reasons I will not be out there on skis - too cold, too slippery, takes too much coordination, too high! I can hardly wait to spend two days alone in a nice cozy condo!

We have an emerita faculty member who was still skiing at 80+ She was unbelievable.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Barb said...

What a lovely list, Linda. So many things to be thankful for. I know you have a lot on your mind right now so I appreciate even more this wonderful list.

I love Kathleen's site, too. And don't worry about the link thing. It all works out and no one gets their feelings hurt. :-)

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Wonderful list! Thanks for sharing. I'm a day late in reading but it's actually nice to be able to start another day with more Thankful posts!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Thanks for the reminder to find things to be thankful for. It is such a perspective changer!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I loved reading your thankful list. I think I need to start a thankful journal because it really helps to find the blessings in the midst of trials or sickness. This is a great idea!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

What a precious list. I was especially touched by what you said about your childhood. You have such a thankful heart, and it has blessed me today! I'm thankful for you!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Such great things to be thankful for! It's always to remind ourselves we do have things to be thankful for!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home