About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
A Christmas Poem
A "Weird Meme"
Unto Us A Son Is Given
I Want to be a Who
Catching Up
Christmas Memories
Wisdom from Ruth Bell Graham
Cookie Bar Recipe
Christmas Meme
Love in Action

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, December 22, 2006
Not So Final Word

Today was the “BIG DAY’ – the day we were supposed to get the final word on the sale of our property. We did get the word. However, it is not the final word. It seems they would like yet another extension on the contract to try to work out something for the financing. Without getting into all the boring details, the guy who did the feasibility study for them has scared them to death about potential costs. We’re not sure what is going on. I found out myself that some of the information he gave our buyer is simply not true. So… to make a long story short, our agent is going to do a bit of investigating and then request a meeting where we can all discuss any questions the buyer may have. It really is frustrating not being able to deal with people face to face. I know that’s what agents are for, but I really think some problems could be avoided if we could just talk to each other (buyer and seller). We are going to keep our property on the market during this extended two week period, and if we get another buyer these people will have 24 hours to match the offer or lose the deal.

Of course that means we can’t sign the lease on the apartment and will have to let that go. We will also have to wait on finalizing things for our new house. We had a meeting to pick out the colors, etc. yesterday. Everything is going to be so pretty – if all of this works out.

We are continuing to pray that the Lord will show us exactly what we should do. This is one of those times I wish I could get a little glimpse of where this particular path is leading. I think the Lord would have us walk by faith – with absolute trust that He knows where we’re going and all will be well.

When I checked my comments, I was just overwhelmed by the love and encouragement you have expressed. I wish I had the words to tell you how much you all mean to me – how knowing you are praying for us blesses me. I feel so honored. I cannot thank you enough. I’ve said it so many times, but that doesn’t make it less sincere or true – meeting all of you has been one of the best things that has happened to me in a long, long time. I just had no idea where it would lead the first time I wrote a post and sent it out into cyberspace. The blessings that have flowed back have been amazing.

Thank you all so very much. I am blessed.

And…it is almost Christmas!! I am looking forward to it. We get to sing in choir this weekend. On Sunday our daughter is going to meet us in the afternoon, and then we’ll go to my Mom and Dad’s for dinner. After dinner we all head out to our son’s little church for their Christmas program. Our little granddaughters have a part in the program. I love those programs. What could be better than watching those little ones?

Christmas Day my husband’s brother and his wife and their son and daughter-in-law arrive from North Carolina to spend a week here. We are all going to celebrate Christmas at my son and daughter-in-laws’ house. There will be quite a crowd for the traditional lasagna dinner.

I don’t know how much time I will have to get on the computer – not much I imagine. I will get caught up after the first of the year. In the meantime – have a blessed, joyful, wonderful Christmas dear friends. I feel a bit ashamed of myself for not realizing that I could have exchanged addresses and sent cards and gifts. I still have much to learn about blogging it seems. Please know I love you all and send you prayers for God’s richest blessings for now and the new year.

Merry Christmas,
Linda
 
  posted at 8:18 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that things did not go as you hoped. I have learned many things about selling and buying a home over the last 3 moves we've made. One thing is for sure, it is never a done deal until the final closing signatures. We have not heard a thing in over a week of being told we had buyers interested in our home. I am kind of glad that we have decided not to even think about our home and it's sale until after the holidays. As for you, I pray things suddenly go in your favor. May you be blessed by all the Christmas programs and sing your heart out at church. Merry Christmas!

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I think the Lord would have us walk by faith – with absolute trust that He knows where we’re going and all will be well."

I think that statement sums it all up. I love your perspective. I have prayed this morning that the new buyers will not react out of fear, and that they'll have access to accurate information. I have also prayed that the transition will be a smooth one for your family, that your new home will be worth the wait (and uncertainty)and that the whole process will be glorifying to God. I know you'll look back on this whole experience and be able to see His faithfulness!

Have a blessed, wonderful Christmas at your son's house with everyone. :)

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the delays in your house selling, but hopefully this will all be worked out soon.

Enjoy your Christmas program. I think the kids always do such a great job. They really are what this season is all about.

Enjoy your Christmas and I am glad to hear you will be surrounded by family.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda,
I'm so sorry this didn't work out the way you hoped.
I, too, have been blessed by the gift of blogging friendships.
My prayers will continue for you.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger someone else said...

That's discouraging, I'm sure. I hope you can just set it all aside for a couple days and enjoy the season. My motto has come to be: God is in control. I know He is even when I can't figure out why things happen the way they do, but I'm sure you'll come to a good resolution with the sale.

Merry Christmas!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Merry Christmas Linda. I'll catch up with you soon! xox

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back- it was good to hear from you!

We continue to pray- I know this must be frustrating, but we are hopeful :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home