About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Honoring Veterans
PRAISE and THANKS (and Happy Birthday to me!)
I'm Having a Great Week!!
A Christmas Memory
SAME GIRL
Bits and Pieces
Let's Chat
HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!
My Contradictory Heart
All Moved In

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, November 13, 2006
Urrrgh!!
So....have I ever mentioned how much I hate change? I am an absolute baby when it comes to having things that I have all lined up and under control in my life - CHANGED!! It just totally throws my whole world off kilter.

The internet service provider (affectionately know as isp) I have been using since I first bought a computer has decided to concentrate their business on web design. They sent us all a little notice telling us that as of the twelfth of this month they would be transferring all their accounts to another isp (which shall remain nameless because I hate them - well hate is rather strong - dislike them - a lot!). They also gave us the option of finding a different isp.

Being as inept as I am on the computer I decided the easiest and safest thing to do would be to just do the transfer. So far so good. My little software cd arrived in the mail just as they promised. Good again. I installed it yesterday - no good!!! They don't have an access number for my area. I know we live out in the sticks by some people's standards, but my old isp had not one but two numbers I could use to access the internet.

Now I will have to find another isp on my own. Okay - not such a big deal I guess, but I am not happy. I decided I'd better call and cancel the one they transferred me to right away so I don't get billed by them. Of course not one person I talked to (and I talked to several in a vain attempt to cancel the stupid account) spoke English very well. I did find a moment of humor when the little man with the very heavy Indian accent said his name was FRANK!! What are the odds his name is really Frank?

By this afternoon I had finally managed to make someone understand all I wanted to do was cancel the account - please. The last lady I talked to offered me free service for two months and my own special number. My own special number?! There is no number that works lady!!!

My sweet neighbor gave me her software for the isp they use. Okay - now we're back in business. I called the company and set up my new account. I popped in the cd - did the installation until I reached the final step. THE CD is too old!!! So....call back (and wait through the "we value your business" and all the music) and ask for an updated version.

After all that I am no longer sure what I have - or don't have. It is so hard to communicate. They are so nice, lovely manners, very patient about having to repeat everything a zillion times - but I hang up feeling as though I don't have a clue about what I just did.

I 'm sitting here thinking, now that I've vented about my "big problem", how silly and trivial it all sounds. We have had such a wonderful past few days with all the answers to prayer and all the Lord has done for us. It doesn't take much to get me totally off track. I got panicked about possibly not being able to receive e-mail, and quite honestly upset that I might not be able to write and read posts. Isn't that the limit? I am a totally selfish being. And the Lord is probably shaking His head right now. It will all be fine. And if I am out of commission for a few days - just promise you'll all still be there when I get back.

Thanks for listening.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 4:55 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm not really big on change myself - and I really detest having to talk to someone in India who doesn't have a clue what they're talking about! I have been through that more times than I want to remember - about really important things. What in the world are these companies thinking??? I mean, besides the cheap wages??!!

We use Comcast and are quite happy with them.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Change is never easy, is it? I also find it difficult to try to communicate with those who don't have a good grasp of English, nice though they may be...
Although this is small in the grand scheme of things, I truly understand your frustration.
:)

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems the simplest things we want to do, cause us the most trouble. Why is that!! =))

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Computer issues can be the most frustrating in the world! I finally got cable internet and changed my isp to Firefox. I've been happy with both.

Sorry you've had such a miserable time of this in the middle of all the really neat things going on in your family. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I would be frustrated too. My hubby just transferred all our data from one computer to another and lost all my email addresses. Oh well, it gives me an excuse to call all my friends and visit.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Big Mama said...

There is nothing that makes me start to itch all over like change. I kept phone service that dropped all of my calls for 2 years because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of all the change and being put on hold 87 million times. I feel your pain.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Ugh, I don't like change either, especially when it has to do with the computer! lol I have everything working well right now...change something and I'll be completely lost! I do hope you get all this straightened out and don't end up with 5 ISP's!! lol

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

I too understand your frustration and have a hard time understanding the accents and communicating with foreign people on the other end of the line, pleasant though they may be.
We took ages to switch to DSL because I dreaded the change. Funny, isn't it? It's wonderful now that we've taken the plunge.
Don't be too hard on yourself...these things are aggravating to all of us, but this too shall pass :) Quickly, I hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home