About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
All Moved In
Gone Moving!!
Piano Lessons
Prayer Request
PRAISE
Saturday Photo Hunt - Dreaming
Exhaustified!!
A Little This; A Little That
The Oak Trees
My Dream

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, October 30, 2006
My Contradictory Heart

Four Generations - My Mom - Me - My Daughter-in-law, and My Granddaughters


I think there are times when the Lord must just shake His head and smile. In fact, I think He may be doing that very thing right now – about me!

I have written about our wanting to sell our property and move because of all the commercial development that is slowly working its way to our front door. I’ve also told you how we added an apartment to our home a couple of years ago for my parents. And I have also written about how very special and dear my Mom is to me. She is the kind of person everyone seems to be drawn to – and I mean everyone. It doesn’t seem to matter what age or gender – she immediately becomes dear to everyone she meets.

We have been enjoying living so close to one another. I love being able to just “pop in” to her little apartment and sit and chat for a few minutes. It’s a joy to be able to do things together. I treasure every moment we have. It is so good not to have to anticipate the inevitable goodbyes after a visit. I used to get a knot in my stomach days before they were scheduled to fly home. How I dreaded those goodbyes at the airport.

So when we made the decision to sell, I knew it would be hardest on my Mom. I felt so “caught in the middle”. My husband is so unhappy here, and my Mom, on the other hand, is so content to be with us. We cannot afford to build a big home with a mother-in-law section for them so it was going to mean we would each have to find separate housing. I knew it would be all right with my Dad. He really misses having his own little place, but I dreaded telling my Mom.

When we told her, she accepted it with her usual grace. She said it would be fine. She understood why we wanted to move. However, one day (I guess she must have been a bit weary) she tearfully said to me, “I just want to stay here close to you.” I thought my heart would break. I began to pray earnestly that God would somehow work this all out. I asked Him to please do what was best for each of us. I just didn’t see a way in which everyone would be truly happy. At this point, I would have stayed here and put up with all the noise and confusion that has come with all these commercial buildings. But I knew how unhappy my husband was.

I continued to pray, and a few weeks ago my parents told us they had decided not to wait until we had a buyer for our property to look for a house. They wanted to be sure they had something in the event we had to move quickly. They both seemed fine with their decision. They began looking at houses with a real estate agent from their church. They have made some wonderful friends at the church they are attending (which is about a thirty minute drive from our house) and decided to look for houses in that area.

They narrowed their choices down to two and asked us to look at them with them. We all fell in love with the first little house we saw. It is darling. It is only a few years old and in immaculate condition inside and out. It is small but just the right size for them. And the best part is it was in their price range!! They made an offer on it this past week, and it was accepted. They are moving in a month!!! My Mom is delighted with this sweet little house. She is looking forward to getting it all decorated the way she would like it. What an answer to prayer.

So you would think I would be jumping for joy at the way things have worked out. It is really just perfect. We didn’t have to say “Mom and Dad, we’ve sold the property and you’re going to have to find a place and get moved out right away.” Instead they made the decision in their own time and have found a little house that is just perfect for them.
So…..I feel happy and sad. I’m sad at the thought of those empty rooms. I’m sad that they won’t be just a few feet away any more. I miss my Mom already. True, she will only be thirty minutes away, but it will be different. I already feel that little knot forming.

I know Lord. I am thankful. It is an amazing answer to prayer. I couldn’t have done it better myself!!! Forgive me for being so contradictory. You have worked everything out so perfectly, and I will be just fine. I love You Lord.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 3:21 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

And He will work out the rest! We are complex creatures, aren't we? He made us that way! What a neat picture - now I know what you look like!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Linda,
I envy you having your Mom close by and then to have her be only 30 minutes away when she moves..
I miss my Mom so very much. She lived just down the hill for most of my married life. When she passed it was so hard to go near her house.
Treasure whatever moments you can with your Mom...

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

What a wonderful picture!!

Transitions are always difficult. I'll be thinking of you through this one although it sounds like so far things are working out quite nicely. (I know that doesn't mean it's easy though!)

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Isn't it strange the cycles God leads us through in our lives? Apart, close together, then apart again. I pray God will continue to ease your heart about this move, and that He will give you peace about it, Linda. :-)

What a precious photo! It's a true treasure, Linda.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger someone else said...

That turned out so well for all of you. I'm really glad. Like Sue, I can't enjoy the company of mine because she's gone and my wonderful, wonderful stepmom lives hundreds of miles away in Texas. You truly are blessed to have her in your life. The picture is so nice of all of you together.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Trick-or-treat! Hey Linda, this was so fun! Glad there aren't any Monsters that lurk around your place, "witch" reminds me Happy Halloween!

Linda, I think you will feel better when your place gets sold. At that time, you might even be able to close the gap between your Mom and Dad's new place and yours. My Mom lives 45 minutes away, and I'll be honest with you, I wish we were a little closer. I too, love her so much, and she has oodles of church family up in her neck of the woods.
I love your way of thinking and I think you are doing everything right! How sweet that your folks lifted a bit of the burden now.

I love the four generation picture! It is wonderful to be able to visualize what you all look like! :)You and your Mom share the same wonderful magnetic personalities, cause I just love yours!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Boy, Linda. I can understand the mixed emotions. I'm sure you're thrilled they found the perfect place but it be a big adjustment, having to drive half an hour to see them now. Still, I agree with you that it was really graceful of them to go ahead and find a place now. Hopefully you'll all adjust soon. I love the four generationphoto. What pretty girls you all are!

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad they get to have their own little house and I hope soon you will be able to sell. I will pray for you.

The picture was so nice. I liked seeing you and your family.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

That's a great looking family you all make! I am happy for your parents. Maybe you will feel better when everything works out for you and you know where you're going. You are an inspiration to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home