About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
I'm Having a Great Week!!
A Christmas Memory
SAME GIRL
Bits and Pieces
Let's Chat
HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!
My Contradictory Heart
All Moved In
Gone Moving!!
Piano Lessons

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, November 10, 2006
PRAISE and THANKS (and Happy Birthday to me!)
We have a buyer!!!! We are so thankful. It has been over two years since we began this journey. There were times I truly thought we weren't meant to sell. Then I would see how sad my husband was and continue praying that somehow it would work out. Oh - God is so good!! When He gets involved everything works out so much better than we ever imagined it could. My parents are set to close on their little house the end of this month, and we will close in January. I didn't see how it would all work out a few months ago, but God had a plan for us.

And today is my birthday. Happy Birthday to me!! Kind of takes the edge off of turning sixty. Isn't that just like our Heavenly Father - to have it all come together on this day of all days? We are thankful beyond words.

I had a wonderful birthday celebration with family and friends last evening. My husband took a bunch of pictures, but I'll have to finish the roll of film and get them developed before I can post them. My Mom is cooking dinner tonight. So I get the afternoon off! I don't know if I'll get to spend much more time on the computer - we have some paperwork to do. I want to thank each of you who sent me Birthday wishes. I feel so blessed. This bloggy "business" has added a dimension to my life I just never expected. I have a whole new group of friends who have become so important to me. You bless me!

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 3:42 PM
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Wow. What a birthday gift from God (in a sort of way)... the sale of your house!!

Happy Birthday friend!! Celebrating the gift of YOU!

And praising God for the answer to prayer on the house sale!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger someone else said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration. Congratulations all around!

And thank you for the lovely comment on my blog.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Heather said...

What a awesome gift, and HE always gives the best birthday presents! Happy birthday to you!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Well....happy birthday to you....from me!

Diane

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Congratulations to you and your sweet hubby! What a wonderful birthday gift! Such a timely blessing! :)

So nice to hear the enthusiasm in your voice! Glad you had fun with your friends too! Whoo hoo! :) ((hugs))

 
At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Linda ~ I am so happy that you have a buyer for your house. a good
way to end a good week for you.Thanks
for your comments. I am glad your Dad was a D-Day Survivor and that your husband served in Vietnam. We owe a lot to all the servicemen and women
who helped keep us free. Take care,
Cheers, Merle.

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and I am so glad to hear that everything is working out for you. Enjoy your weekend.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Happy Birthday Linda! I am so sorry I missed this yesterday. I was a bit busy and didn't get to look at your posts.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

Happy Belated Birthday, sweet friend! Joy, joy at your good news! Thanks for blogging so faithfully. You are a joy.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday dear Linda!! You couldn't have gotten a better birthday present as a buyer for your house:-) Sometimes it seems like the Lord is taking His sweet time but He always comes through! lol Hugs xox

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

I'm a bit late, but want to wish you a very happy year ahead! What a wonderful birthday present you received..the sale of your house. You see, the Lord had his plan to surprise you on your birthday :)
I'm glad you had such a happy celebration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home