About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
PRAISE and THANKS (and Happy Birthday to me!)
I'm Having a Great Week!!
A Christmas Memory
SAME GIRL
Bits and Pieces
Let's Chat
HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!
My Contradictory Heart
All Moved In
Gone Moving!!

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, November 11, 2006
Honoring Veterans


These are the two heroes in my life - my husband and my father. My father is a D-Day survivor. He landed on Omaha Beach with the 29th Division (the one portrayed in the movie "Saving Private Ryan") and spent the rest of the war fighting in Europe. My husband and I were privileged to attend the 55th Anniversary celebration of D-Day in France with my Mom and Dad. It was an unforgettable experience. The people of the little villages they liberated honor the veterans as the heroes they are. They cannot do enough for them to show their gratitude.

My husband served in the Army in Vietnam. It was a different time and a vastly different war, but he went with the same attitude and commitment that my Dad did. They both wanted to serve and protect the country they love.

They, and all those who have served and are serving, have my deepest respect and gratitude.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 2:21 PM
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Words cannot express my deepest gratitude and respect for the men such as your father and wonderful husband. They are true heros...in every sense of the word.

It is because of them that we can hold our head high and be proud to say we live in the greatest country in the world, The United States of America!

My Grandfather, my father, and my son have all served, along with many of my cousin's kids, two of which are still over there right now. :)

Thank your dear sweet husband and your father and let them know we are so proud of them!

Great pictures too Linda...you did it! whoo hoo! :) The Beta thing? I wish I knew I might switch if someone can assure me you can still work with html's. That is what is important to me. :) If I could only find out, I wouldn't hesitate to switch!

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures and awesome story about your hubby and your dad. D day in France must of been something else.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

My deepest gratitude and appreciation to them for their service. Also to you as the "loved one" that also sacrificed so they could serve.... thanks!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger patsy said...

happy birthday, came to your blog by way of pea.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I missed wishing you a happy birthday - sounds like it was a great one! Congratulations on selling your house - I know it's been a big burden. What a great birthday gift!

This was a wonderful post today.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What an awesome tribute. My hubby is also a Vietnam Vet and I am so proud of him. We recently attended the South Dakota Vietnam Veterans War Memorial Celebration. It was AWESOME! My Father was career AF (VN and Korea), my brother career Coast Guard (Desert Storm) my father in law WWll. God Bless them all! Also, my dh's birthday in on Veterans Day :)

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I celebrate with you1 I posted about my dad, a WWII Vet, as well. They cannot be celebrated enough.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Thank you for this post. After reading your post I put my Grandfather's picture on my blog. He served in the Navy and Marines. My son's picture I have to find but he served 4 years in the Navy.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Good morning Linda...I'm finally catching up on the posts I missed the last couple of days! It was a busy weekend and had no time for the computer!! What a wonderful tribute to your dad and hubby...I can't even imagine the sacrifices these men and women do for us and I thank them from the bottom of my heart! Hugs xox

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I also have the deepest gratitude for those who have served. My 98 yr old Grandpa is a Pearl Harbor Survivor...

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

They have mine too! My hubby is also a Vietnam Vet who served in the Marine Corps.
How wonderful to have the privilege of celebrating the 55th anniversary of D-Day in France. I'm glad to hear the Veterans were honored as they should be.
Freedom is never free! We owe our Vets and Servicemen and women a huge debt of gratitude and our fervent prayers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home