About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Holy
Saturday Photo Hunt - Comfy
Soul Searching
Using The Right Gear
Christian Mediocrity
Beary Word Meme
Pellumb
A Giving Heart
Living Water
Taking The Bait

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, October 02, 2006
Bloggy Tour of Testimonies

At first I thought I would just read the other testimonies on the Bloggy Tour of Testimonies. My story, after all, is not very exciting. However, when I began to read some of the other posts I discovered that there were already a few very similar to mine, and they really blessed me. Finding the Lord at an early age is every bit as glorious as some of the miraculous salvation testimonies we hear.

My parents were both raised in the Catholic Church. It was my Grandfather on my father’s side who first left the Church. It wasn’t because he disagreed with the teachings; he simply resented the fact that he was required to pay to enter the little church. He didn’t go to another church, but my Grandmother began to attend a little Italian Baptist church. Both my mother and father were saved just before I was born (I think I have that right). So I was raised in a Christian home.

I was saved when I was about ten. I know this sounds silly, but I can’t point to an exact time. I was the kind of child who wanted more than anything to be good. I asked Jesus into my heart not once, but every time someone gave the invitation! I think one of the Sunday school teachers must have finally noticed my hand in the air more than once and decided an explanation was in order. She told us that once we asked Jesus to come into our hearts He never left us. It was something we only needed to do once. I was then baptized shortly after that.

There was never a time during my childhood where I didn’t believe, but there did come a point where I had to truly make my beliefs my own. It was during the one year I attended college that I sort of reexamined all the things I had been taught and embraced them wholeheartedly (after a lot of questioning and doubting).

Every once in a while our Pastor will ask this question, “How many of you committed your worst sins while you were a Christian?” Once again I find myself with my hand in the air. I have certainly not lived a perfect life. I have made some terrible choices and fallen from grace more than once. I think perhaps the one pitfall of being saved at a young age is that we may take the precious treasure we have been given and hold it far too lightly. We can take for granted what was purchased for us at such a great price. We can even become resentful and think we may have missed out on something.

I have come to realize that far from missing out on something – I have been spared so much heartache and pain. I value the gift I have been given more than life itself. When I saw the movie The Passion, I wept bitterly realizing with crystal clarity that I had known Him and all He had done for me – and sinned anyway. And yet He loves me. I hold the precious gift tightly and treasure it with all my heart. He is my life, my joy, my peace and my hope. Without Him, I would be nothing.

Blessings,
Linda

To read more testimonies go to Lauren's blog and find the links to lots of others.
 
  posted at 1:32 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 3:11 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Linda, this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Heather Smith said...

I'm totally with you on this. The Passion hit me hard as well because I didn't always take my walk seriously because Jesus had always been a part of my life! Thanks so much for sharing your testimony!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Barbara H. said...

Thank you so much for this sweet testimony. My children all prayed to receive Christ at young ages, but as you said, I think maybe they don't treasure it as much as they could. My oldest just finished college and is wrestling with making what he always heard growing up his own. It is a scary time, but I think he will be the stronger for it when he comes out of it, because then those beliefs will be truly his own.

I so agree that those who are saved as children aren't missing out on anything (except heartache and scars) and that such a testimony is just as glorious and just as much a demonstration of God's grace as the more "dramatic" testimonies -- though I am thankful for the evidences of God's grace in each and every testimony of those who belong to Him.

Thanks for sharing!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My testimony is similar in the sense I was saved at a young age, and I was saved from many horrific things in my life that could have happened.

I posted mine today to.

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you shared your testimony. I think after reading through many of these, I will try to make it abundantly clear to my own the way of salvation. My soon-to-be-three-year-old knows so many stories from the Bible but I pray she will grasp the hand of the Lord for herself. We all have those times when we have to decide for ourselves if the faith of our parents will truly be ones we take on as our own. God is so good! I chuckled at the thought of holding up your hand when invitations were given . . . I know there were many times I was holding up my hand in my heart. ;0) Blessings to you!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger justin said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony. I was wondering if you'd like to post it on my new site called ShareMyTestimony.org?

I created the site to let Christians share their testimonies, and read other testimonies to see how God is working in the lives of others.

If you'd like to contact me, you can click on the contact link on my site.

Thanks,
Justin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home