About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Taking The Bait
The Dancer
Home
GONE CAMPING!!
Bowing Down to the Golden Statue and My September ...
Stephanie
SHEP
Some Things I've Learned
Wearing Glasses
God's Word

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Living Water
We have had good rain this month. Before we moved to Texas I never knew what it was to actually pray for rain, but I have prayed desperately for it on more than one occasion.

This past August was the hottest one on record, and we had no rain. I tried my best to keep the lawn green and the flowers alive, but it just wasn’t working. I had never seen things look so bad. The grass crackled underfoot when we walked across it, and there were serious brown patches all over. We were on water restrictions, so watering was limited. I was even being very careful about how much water I used in the house. We have a well, and one of the subdivisions close to us had their large well run dry. I certainly didn’t want that to happen. And so we prayed for rain.

God is so good. He hears and answers prayer. One day the wind began to pick up, the sky grew dark, lightning flashed, thunder rolled and actual water fell from the sky! When you have been so long without rain, it is like a miracle when it finally begins to fall. If I were more “free-spirited” I would have run outside and danced around in it (instead I decided not to get my hair soaking wet because it gets so kinky and then I have to set it and well – you know).

When I woke up the next morning and looked out the window, the change was miraculous. Where there had been brown, dry grass there was green healthy looking grass. The flowers had perked up and were looking so much better. The drops of water on the leaves of the trees reflected the sunlight like glittering diamonds. The whole world looked fresh and clean.

There was the added benefit of lightning. Our local radio gardening guru informed us a long time ago that there is something in the lightning (I don’t understand all this scientific stuff) that causes the grass and the leaves to grow even better and greener. Whatever the reason, it all looked reborn.

The Lord “spoke” a little word to my heart about all this. There are times in my life, whether from neglect or busyness or indifference, or perhaps even unconfessed sin, when my soul becomes as parched and dry as my lawn was. I become desperate for a “drink” of water to quench my thirsty soul. Jesus is that Living Water. When I come to Him in prayer; when I spend time reading His word; He begins to pour that Living Water into my soul, and I am refreshed. I think there are times when it requires more than a gentle shower; when it requires a little thunder and lightning. He will do what is necessary to bring new life and growth.

Where there was once a barren, dry “desert”, the spirit flourishes. I am filled to overflowing with His presence – with peace and joy and love and grace, and it spills out onto everything and everyone around me. I am fresh and clean.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 7:05 PM
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 7:39 PM, Blogger someone else said...

That was so refreshing. I can smell the scent of that rain and imagine the feeling of life it brought. What a beautifully written piece.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Barb said...

It really does seem like a miracle when it finally rains after a long dry spell. I can't remember the last time I played in the rain. I just may do that next time it rains around here. Of course, next time it rains around here it could actually be snow! And that's one thing I prefer to enjoy from the inside of my house.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Oh Linda, how lovely you and eloquent you write it, and you can't fool us, we all know you are as free spirited as they get...hehe!

Love the pic of your little granddaughter, sooo cute!

I feel the same about your cute little pic, when it shows up in my comment column. God never leaves us dry and parched for long, he does indeed nourish us. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home