About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Pellumb
A Giving Heart
Living Water
Taking The Bait
The Dancer
Home
GONE CAMPING!!
Bowing Down to the Golden Statue and My September ...
Stephanie
SHEP

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, September 24, 2006
Beary Word Meme

Good Sunday Morning.

Pamela at Just the Two of Us tagged me for this Beary Word Meme:

"Heart" - this is the place where the "truth" is hidden - "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he." I so want to have a pure heart.

"Trail" - my husband and I had such fun walking this beautiful trail at a state part in Colorado this past July.

"Grandparent" - It is an absolute joy to be a grandparent. All the fun and none of the hard work.

"Bear "- About a year ago I was going through a difficult time, and my sweet Mom gave me a little stuffed bear wearing a little tee-shirt that said "I love hugs". She had gotten it at church, and it came with the following message attached:
This little bear has spent time in the midst of our congregation. It has heard the Scriptures read, sermons preached, prayers prayed and songs of praise sung. It knows both the joys and the heartaches of our people, and has been surrounded by the love so freely shared by our community of faith. It come to offer you comfort and peace, with all the blessings of worship and love.
I (a nearly sixty year old grandma) slept with that little bear for days. He is a sweet reminder of God's love and the love of His people.

Thanks for tagging me Pamela. It was such fun.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 12:07 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Linda,
This was such a great job on this meme! The scenery around that trail is amazingly beautiful..
The story of your comfort bear is so sweet. No wonder you love him so...
((hugs))

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Oh, Linda, that was just heartwarming to read. You did a great job on this meme! That picture with your hubby standing in front of the gorgeous mountains is breathtaking! The one that touched me the most though, is the little bear story...so openly honest on your part and thoughtful and sweet of your Mom. Linda you sure are a genuinely sweet and kind hearted friend. Thanks for sharing! I pray for peace in your heart and those in your family who are so blessed to have you in their lives. :)

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Great answers!! Fun to read!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Beautiful picture. I love the post before this one about Pellumb. How truly wonderful to help this family like that! What a blessing!!

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Rae said...

That view of Colorado is absolutely beautiful and I love the story with the bear, it's so cute! =)

 
At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome writer. I loved what you said about sleeping with the stuffed bear.

Colorado seems like a beautiful place. I have seen a few blogs with pictures from people who live in Colorado and the mountains are just wonderful. I love looking at God's created world. Thanks for sharing this picture.

I'm so glad I found your blog. Truly inspiring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home