About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Saturday Photo Hunt - Comfy
Soul Searching
Using The Right Gear
Christian Mediocrity
Beary Word Meme
Pellumb
A Giving Heart
Living Water
Taking The Bait
The Dancer

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, October 01, 2006
Holy
The dictionary defines holy as “exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness”. Our choir has sung several songs recently about the holiness of God. During practice, our music minister talks to us a little bit about the songs we are going to sing. He said, “I have noticed that something special happens in church when we sing about the holiness of God. People respond.”

I know that as a choir something special happens to us. Our practice becomes less rehearsal and more a time of heartfelt praise and worship as we sing “You are holy, oh so holy. You are holy Lord of all.” Or, “No word but holy, that’s what I would say if I were asked today to convey who you are.” It is a word that drives us to our knees as we catch a glimpse of who God is, and who we are. It is the prophet Isaiah crying out, “I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted with the train of His robe filling the temple. Seraphim stood above Him….and one called out to another and said ‘Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory.’ And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. Then I said, ‘Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.”

My heart is so full when we sing these songs. I look out at the congregation and watch as slowly hands are lifted to the Lord. The praise fills the building and people begin to rise to their feet. Soon everyone is standing in reverence and honor to the Holy Lord of Hosts. And for a few brief minutes we see just a glimpse of the glory of God. I want it to go on and on. I want to see His robe fill the temple, hear His voice and feel the very foundations tremble. He is Holy and worthy to be praised.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 2:42 PM
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Linda, I love to praise the Lord with song. I love that immense feeling of being in church and feeling our Lord's spirt fill the church...it is the "most high"! I love to see the young people in our church sing...this fills my heart with hope and joy. :) Wonderful post!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I love to be in a big group of people singing and praising God together! What an amazing feeling! You know the Holy Spirit is in that place!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home