About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Is That You Lord?
Kicking Rocks
An Eeyore Day
What Do You Think About Prayer?
Quiet
Why I Love You Lord
Sisters
What Do You Do All Day?
Prayer
Learning To Lean

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, August 21, 2006
Life's "Inevitables"
I was thinking the other day about some of life’s “inevitables”. You know, the times when you say, “It never fails, just when……”, or “Wouldn’t you know it, every time…..”, or just “Inevitably…..”.

Here are some I came up with:

1. We are just about to sit down to dinner and “wouldn’t you know it, the phone rings.”

2. The phone call is not from someone you care about; “inevitably” it is a telemarketer (or if, like us you are on the no-call list, a charitable organization or pollster).

3. I finally decide, after weeks of working around them, to throw away those notes my husband has left sitting around, and “it never fails,” within hours he is looking for them because he needs the information he had written on them.

4. I decide not to bother changing out of my ratty hang-around-the-house clothes to make a quick run to the grocery store because I’ll only be a minute and won’t see anyone I know, and “inevitably” I run into several people I haven’t seen in ages (and truly, if they hadn’t seen me first, I’d have run the other way and hidden behind a huge display of canned goods).

5.After hearing everyone talk about how great a certain television program is (one I’ve only been able to watch once), I finally get the chance to watch it and “wouldn’t you know it”, it’s a rerun of the one episode I did see!

6. I decided at a very young age that I was going to be original when I named my children and not saddle them with a name that a zillion other kids had (like Linda – and trust me, back in the day when I was in school I never was in a class that didn’t have at least one other Linda). So I chose Scott for my firstborn. We didn't know a single Scott. “Wouldn’t you know it”, everyone in the English speaking world decided Scott was a great name for a boy. He was never in a class that didn’t have another Scott.

7. “It never fails’; I rarely have a day when I am all alone in the house, so when I do I plan for it like it's a vacation. Perhaps I'll read or watch a favorite movie, or any of a number of frivolous things. "It never fails, before I can open a book or pop in a DVD, the phone rings and someone needs me for something truly important. So much for my time alone. This is kind of a selfish one, but I am one of those people who really do just need to be absolutely alone once in awhile. I have been known to dance around the house when I find myself there alone!

8. I seem to have a knack for deciding to take up a new interest that I believe to be quite unique only to find that everyone else in the world simultaneously had the same idea. How does that happen? Perhaps someone is giving us subliminal messages.

9. I go through my closet and give away things I am sure I will never wear again, and “inevitably” go crazy looking for some of said things because I actually do need them.

10. One last one- I decide that today is the day I will begin my diet and someone decides this is the night they will invite us over for dinner – huge desert and all. Now how in the world could you hurt someone’s feelings by not eating a meal they had specially prepared for you?

I’m sure there are lots more, but I have things I must do (and “inevitably” I will think of the best one after I post this).

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 4:11 PM
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

Started my day with a smile! I loved the one about being home alone. I was so HAPPY when the air conditioner went out on one of our cars--stranded at home! Bliss. Keep posting! I'm enjoying.
Yours and His,
Vivi

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Christina said...

I have one. This happened to ne last week. I have a minivan with only 40,000 miles on it. It has never broken down. My daughter comes last week with my grandson for a visit. I haven't seen her in a year and a half. What do you think happens? The van breaks down. Thank God it was only a battery that had to be replaced, but of course the timing could of been better.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I think we live the same life!! Unbelievable - I could relate to every one. You must go back and read my post on my love of solitude.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope I didn't offend any of the wonderful young moms with the word "mature" - I just didn't want to say the real words - "getting old!"

Please come again. I plan to read more of yours. Isn't this fun?

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

So true! So true! Just last night--I was digging through the days garbage....looking for a piece of paper that was floating from counter to counter for the past weeks.......(so I assumed, yes, anyone would have...that it WAS garbage)....when last night, upon my husbands arrival to home...he announced THAT piece of paper was very important and he NEEDED it! UG!

Inevitable! Incredible!

Diane

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

Brilliant post, Linda! This could easily be a meme invented all by you! Yes, you made me smile and nod my head. :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home