About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
What Do You Do All Day?
Prayer
Learning To Lean

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, August 05, 2006
Sisters
Just a few days into this new adventure of writing a blog, and I am totally hooked. I have already met such wonderful women. It is so exciting. I think we women have the great advantage of getting to know one another and connecting in the space of -oh say - a few minutes. We can be sitting in a waiting room with a total stranger and before either one of us is called in to see the doctor (granted, that is probably way more than a few minutes) know each other's family history.
For instance, I am attending a five week Bible Study on monday evenings at our church. We sit at tables of seven women. By the end of the first session we knew not only family histories, but the things we struggle with, the things we enjoy - just so many things about each other.
Men on the other hand.....my sweet husband can do things with a new friend for weeks, and when I ask if he has children actually not know!!! How is that possible? He just looks a bit bewildered when I look shocked. I guess it just never came up.
My wednesday morning Bible Study begins in a couple of weeks. My leader called yesterday to say our old group is going to get to stay together. Hooray!! Normally they like to mix us up so we can meet new people, but we developed such a strong bond (and we probably whined a little bit too - possibly...) they said we could stay together through one more study. We are all of a "certain age", and in typical girl-fashion it only took us a couple of sessions to become very close. We shared our deepest needs with one another and saw amazing answers to prayer. There was a trust that allowed us to open our hearts without fear of criticism or judgement.
I think we girls have something special going, and I appreciate all of the wonderful posts I've been reading. We make each other laugh, we pray for one another, we share burdens, we encourage. I believe the one thing that makes all of this so special is our shared love of the Lord. I suppose we women normally bond easily, but knowing we are truly sisters in Christ makes it so special.

Blessings, Linda
 
  posted at 11:42 AM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I am so glad you have decided to begin posting! I can say I've had the privelage of knowing you from the very beginning! :-)

Thanks for leaving your link at "My Quiet Corner" and once again let me say a big welcome to you!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

I never wanted sisters growing up (I was saved when I was 18, now I'm FIFTY!) because I just KNEW they'd try to steal my boyfriends. I didn't miss having them, but, boy howdy, I have SO MANY sisters now, and I love them each so specially. They are all precious and have taught me so much! I thank the Lord for them. It's amazing what a bond the Lord in common can create. I love it! Looking forward to getting to know you!
Yours and His,
Vivian

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Keziah said...

Another visit via the Quiet Corner! You can even see this in the phone calls that women make. A quick call to sort out meeting for coffee for women can turn into a two hour phone call yet with guys its more "See at 3" "Great" !

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Yes, this is so true. Women are funny that way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home