About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Prayer
Learning To Lean

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, August 04, 2006
What Do You Do All Day?
For all but three of the thirty-nine years I've been married, I have been a "stay-at-home" Mom. For the first year of our marriage I worked in an office, and I worked as a pre-school teacher for two years when my three children were in school. I like staying home best!!
However, now that there are no chicks left in the nest, I don't think "stay-at-home" Mom describes me any more. So, when people ask what I do, I say I'm a homemaker. Mostly they smile and say something nice. Then comes the dreaded question, "What do you do all day?" I don't know why it always makes me feel like a blithering idiot. As strange as it may sound, my days just fly by. In fact, I often wish I had a few more hours in my day. I know that sounds ridiculous to you who still have young ones at home and would give anything for about five minutes of private time, but it's true.
First of all, my husband is home full-time too. He had to stop working about twenty years ago because of complictions from juvenile diabetes. So, I spend a lot of time doing things with him. Then there's housework - somehow that doesn't change with an empty nest. Of course there is less of it, but clothes still get dirty, furniture still gets dusty, carpets still need to be vacuumed..... And of course time with family (grandchildren are wonderful blessings from God), church, choir, Bible study, piano lessons (I'm trying to fend off Alzheimer's). I love to read, quilt, knit, and write. I just volunteered to help with getting music ready and put into folders for choir.
Well, anyway - the day does go by very quickly. I'm not out there doing amazing things ( I admire the women who are), but I'm doing what I've always wanted to do. And I love it! Blessings, Linda
 
  posted at 11:52 AM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 4:25 PM, Blogger sarahdodson said...

Wow, Linda, you DO have busy days. I enjoyed reading that:) We were married 6 years before we had our first baby, and I stayed home then also. I've enjoyed it SO much. There's nothing (to me) that compares to being there for your family and having your husband able to count on you for his different needs. What a blessing/privilege it is to be home!

A few weeks before we got married, the Lord provided a job for my husband that would support us very nicely and allow me to be at home. I believe if a woman wants to be home, the Lord will most often provide a way.

And I agree; there is PLENTY to do. And I'm taking piano lessons, too. How fun:) My goal is to be able to play hymns. I had my second lesson yesterday.

Ok, that was long enough. Hope you have a great day ministering to your husband!

love,
sarah

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Emmie, aka Vivian said...

Dear Linda, My precious, precious daughter, sarahdodson, directed me to your blog. I love it! I sense a kindred heart nearby.... Check out my blog, linked to on Sarah's page (I'm PeeWee). (How embarrassing!). Looking forward to getting to know you. So glad Addison is well (last I heard).

Yours and His,
Vivian

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

I am a stay-at-home mom with 3 boys so time is scarce, but somehow we make do. I was just telling my husband there are so many things I want to do. Should I scrapbook, finish my book, crochet, or blog? I said, "well, I guess that means I have to go clean the kitchen!" But look what won out!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Hi Linda, I found you through another blog link and I've enjoyed reading your posts. I've started reading from the beginning, so I'm not finished yet, but this one reminded me of my post on August 11. Sometimes it's hard to tell people what we actually do.

I'm in my "middle years" too and have just been blogging since February. We grandmas have come a long way on our journeys, and it's enjoyable to learn about each other. From what I've read of yours so far, you've also discovered the joy of the support system that exists in this amazing world of women bloggers. Welcome to cyberspace!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home