About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
What Do You Think About Prayer?
Quiet
Why I Love You Lord
Sisters
What Do You Do All Day?
Prayer
Learning To Lean

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, August 14, 2006
An Eeyore Day
I am having what I commonly refer to as an “Eeyore Day”. They don’t come often, but when they do, I am very sad – “Oh dear” – (deep sigh). I am actually a very Pollyanna sort of person – to the disgust of some who shall remain nameless. I have trouble staying depressed or angry or bitter for more than a few hours at most – even when I’m justified. Just the thought of any sort of confrontation makes me want to run rapidly in the opposite direction. I want everyone to be happy. However, this morning I woke up with a little black cloud over my head, and it simply doesn’t want to move on.
I probably shouldn’t be writing, as moods like this tend to be rather catching. I can’t quite put my finger on the reason why I am down in the dumps – I just am. All of the things I don’t normally let get me down are suddenly very heavy. Even the little nagging problems seem like just too much. Can’t I get a little ray of sunshine here?
I should be in my little place praying and reading the word. Why is that so difficult to do when you are feeling low? I suppose that’s it really –“feeling”. Faith has no part in all of this; it’s just the way I FEEL. I feel sorry for myself. That’s it in a nutshell. Woe is me!
You know what? I’m beginning to feel a bit better. I think just putting it into words (written words) is making me feel better. Nothing has changed, but I think that little cloud is dissipating. Is that a bit of sunshine I see?
Thank You for listening. And thank You Lord for being patient with me even on these “Eeyore Days”.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 4:06 PM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Melzie said...

Wow I had an eyeore day too, maybe its in the air :) And now that its almost bedtime NOW I'm getting a little more energy :) Hang with the blogging it'll get easier, write what you know, what you do, what you think, dont stress about it its for fun! Came via boomama's blog. xoxo melzie

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Melzie said...

I'm very sorry your day got worse :( Thankfully God's mercies are new every single day Ms Linda! I hope tomorrow is a TIGGER day for sure :D I am very VERY much a beginner too :) But I'm having fun learning! I'll check in on ya tomorrow ;) xoxo and prayers! melzie

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

We all have eeyore days! Hoping the sun truly is coming out and tomorrow is better! Hang in there!!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Hope you're feeling better. I feel like this sometimes, I guess it's just part of life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home