About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Sisters
What Do You Do All Day?
Prayer
Learning To Lean

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Why I Love You Lord
When I got into my little quiet corner to have my prayer time this morning, I felt as though I ought to do something a little different. I sometimes feel my prayers have become kind of repetitive (there are so many on-going needs). I want them to be more of a time of real interaction between me and the Lord. I find it very difficult to sit quietly and keep my mind from running down a dozen different rabbit trails while I try to listen to what the Lord wants to say to me. I am way too verbal.
So I thought that instead of running down the list of needs today (I know that's important too), I would just give the Lord praise and thanks. As I prayed, it turned into a list of reasons I love Him:
I love Him because before the foundations of the world He chose me. That just boggles my mind. He, who is so Holy, chose me - with all my failings and weaknesses.
I love Him because He first loved me. I sometimes feel so unlovely, but He loves me just the same.
I love Him because He gave what was most precious to Him so that I could spend eternity with Him. I, who have had the priceless gift of knowing Him since I was a little girl - and held the gift too lightly. I think that is the danger of being raised in a Christian home and the challenge for those of us raising children in a Christian home. It can become so familiar, we don't realize its value until life pushes us around a little bit.
I love Him because He is so creative. His artwork and His music and His writing are just second to none!
I love Him because He loves me enough to discipline me.
I love Him because He gives my life purpose and meaning and hope.
I love Him because He has a plan for my life - a plan to prosper and not to harm me.
I love Him because He holds me with His strong right hand and has promised that nothing can ever separate me from Him.
I love Him because His word is true and life-changing. His promises never fail.
I love Him because He draws me to Himself. He bends down to hear my prayers. He is never farther away than my next breath.
I love Him for the grace He has extended to me no matter how many times I mess up in the same old way.
I love Him because He fills my heart with peace and joy.
I love Him because He cries with me and laughs with me.
I love Him because I know without a shadow of a doubt that He is trustworthy.
I love Him because for Him nothing is impossible.
I love Him because He is so wise and because I will never be able to put Him in the box of my limited understanding.
I love Him with all my heart.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 11:43 AM
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Keziah said...

That's beautiful. Thank you for the reminder of who God is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home