About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Kicking Rocks
An Eeyore Day
What Do You Think About Prayer?
Quiet
Why I Love You Lord
Sisters
What Do You Do All Day?
Prayer
Learning To Lean

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, August 18, 2006
Is That You Lord?
I have come up against this before. I don’t know why it causes such confusion. I have been a Christian since I was a little girl and have heard many teachings on “ Knowing and Finding God’s Will”, but somehow I am never quite sure I’m doing it right.
We were having this “discussion” just yesterday. How can we be absolutely sure we are doing what God wants us do to? We have a plan. We prayed about the plan. We took the first step, and everything worked out very well. We felt we were on the right path and continued moving ahead – and ran into a major roadblock.
Perhaps roadblock is too strong a word. We are definitely at a stand-still. I thought perhaps this meant that it really isn’t God’s will to move forward. In reality, we have no choice. If this part doesn’t work out, we simply can’t continue on. We want very much to – but it isn’t possible. We may have to accept the fact that what we want is not what He wants for us – even though it seems good and right to us. The other opinion expressed is that since we prayed so hard about the first step, and it all worked out so well, it must be God’s will for us to continue on. We may just have to try harder.
So….I ‘m confused. How do we know FOR SURE what God’s will is? I think there are times when we are just supposed to use the good sense He gave us, but there are times when it is something big and we need His clear direction. I wish He would leave me a little Post-it note on the refrigerator door with His will clearly stated. I would be more than glad to do whatever it said. I do understand that His will is clearly stated in His Word, but I’m talking about those times when we don’t find the answer to our dilemma written out in black and white. Should we make the move? Should I take the job? Should I ….whatever.
I can agonize over these sorts of decisions for days and weeks and never feel as though I am totally certain I am doing the right thing. There have been times when it has become abundantly clear I have made a huge mistake – even though I was so sure I had “heard from God”. I envy (I know I’m not supposed to do that  ) people who state so confidently that God told them to do a certain thing. I feel something lacking in my relationship with the Lord when I know I am not always sure whether it is His voice I am hearing or my own voice.
After all these years of walking with the Lord I feel somewhat ashamed to admit all of this. However, I am trying to be “real” when I write, and this is something I still haven’t figured out. I would love to know what you think. I have discovered there is a lot of wisdom within this group of women.


Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 10:38 AM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Hi Linda,

For my next personal study I'll check this out and get back with you. I know I hear alot of things on Knowing God's will for my life.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Don't feel alone or ashamed. Haven't we all battled this at one point or another? How can you possibly know all the time what His will is. I try to go by what I feel in my heart is the right thing to do in most situations. I know He's guiding me. If I make a wrong move, He had a reason for allowing me to make a mistake. Perhaps I was meant to learn from it.

Thank you for stopping by my place last week. So sorry. I'm just now catching up with everyone.

So you're a brand new blogger. Don't let all the confusing ins and outs of blogger get to you. The more you work with it, the more you learn. Every single one of us who blog were in fits when we started. Three months from now you'll feel like a pro at it!

And when you get in over your head, there are some really nice people out here who will rush in to help you. Just post an SOS!
:-)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Heather said...

We went back and forth on this for years. We finally learned that God promises wisdom those who ask and that we need to ask and then be careful not to sway from what He showed us. If a door closes then we can trust that He will either open another way or lead us in a new diection. Sometimes it is not the thing we thought wwere to do but the process that He wants for us.

May I also suggest checking out The Art of Listening Prayer". This book really helped me grow in learning to better know His will.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I struggle with this all the time. Sometimes I think Satan likes to play games with me and puts many blocks in the way. I am not sure if it is Gods will or if it is just a roadblock caused by you know who. Keep praying and just trust your instincts and go for it. What else can you do?

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Gina Conroy said...

I had to check the name on the blog twice, I thought I wrote this. :)

Know that you are not alone and something I have been learning lately is sometimes the JOURNEY IS THE DESTINATION! You might still be on the right path, it's just not the journey you expected.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Paulette said...

Well for me when I am searching God's will for something, I imediately begin to pray about it. If it keeps coming into my mind I take that as God speaking to me.He really does speak through different circumstances. Then I always go with my heart because for me I believe God places things on our heart. If I have a peace I will move forward, and ask the Lord's guidance. Wherever you go God will be there as well.
God allows things to come in our paths, and he is also willing to lead us through.
Great writing and welcome to blogging.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Paulette said...

Hey linda, Thanks for the visit!! Meme is all about me type thing so others that pass through can get to know you better.They can be alot of fun, and I love to read others. So join in. You can even do the one today!! If you ever have any questions just ask I will be glad to help out.
I am glad to have made a new friend in you.
Have a great day.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

When you get the answer to this, I would love to know it! Some people seem to hear from God all the time, and when I do hear Him, it is the most amazing thing in the world, and I never want it to end, so why does it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home