About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Learning To Lean

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, August 03, 2006
Prayer
I wanted to write something light and fun today, but after visiting Sarah's blog I just couldn't. It is hard to find the right words when someone is going through difficult times. I know from past experience that the glib "words of wisdom" we sometimes speak as Christians can prove to be hurtful to someone who is suffering. I have finally come to the conclusion that "I'm praying for you" is the most comforting and encouraging word I can speak or hear.
I don't know what it is about prayer. Why is it so difficult to get into a good habit of simply talking with the Lord every day, every moment? Perhaps I shouldn't generalize. I'm sure it isn't difficult for everyone, but it is something I have struggled with all my life.
However, for the past couple of years I have found that I can hardly exist without it. It amazes me to think I have but to speak a word, and the God who created the heavens and earth bends down to hear my prayer. He not only listens but longs to have me come and spend time with Him. And when I do, this God who has millions and millions of children and world events to deal, with listens to me as if I were His only child. No matter how many voices are raised to Him in prayer at that moment, He hears my voice. It is miraculous!!
He not only hears; He has things He wants to say to me too. Things that comfort or teach or bring joy or give me direction.
There are times when I pray, and it feels like the words are bouncing off the ceiling. However, there are times when I sense His presence in such a powerful way I can almost feel His touch. Either way - He hears.
I'm trying to practice His presence these days - talking to Him more and more often as I go about the day, not just during my quiet time. I think He enjoys my company. I can hardly believe such a thing, but He says so in His word. Me - with all my faults and failures. He just loves me.
So I'm praying....for Addison, for her family, for my family.....for so many things - because prayer is a powerful, wonderful, miraculous thing - and because God hears and answers prayer.
Blessings, Linda
 
  posted at 11:51 AM
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 4:34 PM, Blogger sarahdodson said...

I happened upon your blog from Sarah's blog. I enjoyed reading what you wrote about prayer. It's such a special, intimate time with our Lord. Nothing compares to it! And to think that the God of this universe HEARS & CARES?! Amazing:)

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Amen...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home