About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
MASTER GARDENER
The Simple Woman's Daybook
DISHRAGS
HOME
Dialysis
No News Yet
No Surprises
ARTIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
Just Thinking
Showers of Blessing

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, April 02, 2009
A Sweet Aroma



It is growing wild on the side of the road. It doesn't look like much - rather like an overgrown weed. I have no idea what it is called. It sits just at the base of one of the little hills we walk up.

It isn't until you get within a few feet of it that its most redeeming characteristic becomes apparent. The air is filled with the fragrance of a sweet perfume. The image of an elegant lady walking by fills my imagination. It is just beautiful and changes that simple plant into something quite special.

Oh that my life would be like that - a sweet fragrance to those around me and to my heavenly Father. The outward appearance is of little significance. It is the fragrance of my life - the offering of myself in service and submission to Him - that blesses others.

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in His triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.
For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing;"
II Corinthians 2:14-15
 
  posted at 11:31 AM
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Are you speaking of honeysuckle?

Great post. Hope all is well with you and your family. Have a great end of the week.

love, Jess

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Laurie A. said...

hmmmm...what's that i smell, linda?

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Your posts always show such insight and make me think of the most ordinary things in a different way..
Hope your dad is continuing to do OK?
xo

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger kelli said...

I, too, smell that sweetness, my friend! Bloom on, and let us drink it in:)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Ditto what Susie said. It is a gift. A true gift that you have. I don't know if you realize it or believe it!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Maxine said...

Sounds wonderful. What a nice application.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

YES. I blogged about this too... I want to be like a magnolia, beautiful and a sweet perfume just embracing everyone in my vicinity. Still trying to learn how to be like that and shed my thorns... magnolia, not a rose!

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger ~~Deby said...

that is my prayer too....in all that I meet....
great analogy
deby

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

Perfect words, Linda

"The outward appearance is of little significance. It is the fragrance of my life - the offering of myself in service and submission to Him - that blesses others."

So true and I feel that the fragrance of your life has already blessed me so much.

I absolutely love scented flowers, one of my favorites has got to be sweet peas... so delightful.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

It looks like a wild honeysuckle...

A truly beautiful post.

Annette

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Honeysuckle, says Annette. Oh, I was thinking forsythia. I love to eat forsythia in the Spring; it makes granola so pretty. And omelettes too!

But I'm thinking honeysuckle probably isn't edible. So. One must know before sprinkling... : )

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

L.L Barkat Honeysuckle when the flower bloom you pull out the stem and suck the liquid out. I use to do that as a child.

Good post. So true of our lives.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Like all the others, I so echo your words here, Linda. particularly as we get older, I want to focus more on my heart and not on my outward appearance! Beautiful words, my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home