About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
ARTIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
Just Thinking
Showers of Blessing
Creation Is Telling
Just For Fun
The M.S. Walk
The Small Stuff
It's A Girl!
Gratitude: One Thousand Gifts
Amazing

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, March 20, 2009
No Surprises
I am glad that nothing surprises the Lord. Whatever emergency breaks into my ordinary day - He is already there. I am also so grateful that there are things I don't know. I couldn't have enjoyed being outdoors this afternoon - digging, pruning, pulling out old worn out plants - feeling the warmth of the sun and the refreshing breeze. I would have known that Mom would call and say she and Dad are on their way to the emergency room - again.

Dad has not been doing well since his heart attack. He just never seemed to bounce back. It has been one thing after another - small things that wear him down.

Today it is a big thing - his kidney function is very poor and potassium level not at all good. He had blood work done a couple of days ago, and his doctor called this afternoon to say he had to get to the hospital immediately.

And so we are on our way to be with them. We would deeply appreciate your prayers.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 5:14 PM
  17 comments



17 Comments:
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm so sorry Linda, but you already know that God will give you the strength you need. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

Linda my heart goes out to you and your family. I will be praying.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Praying, sweet Linda. Our Father knows our needs before we even form the thoughts or speak the prayer.

Much love,

Diane

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Praying for you all...

Annette

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Loretta said...

You have my prayers for your sweet dad and your whole family.

Hugs,
Loretta

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Love and prayers - Angela [in England]

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

It's so hard to watch our dads going down hill - my dad has a harder time bouncing back every time, and he always gets the bronchial junk.

Leaving him in our Lord's hands!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Wishing you peace and strength during this time, dear Linda. So thankful that those words over at my blog have helped you today and thank you for taking the time to let me know.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Amy said...

awww sorry Linda bout your dad, its hard watching a loved one go downhill. Praying for you here.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger the voice of melody said...

I will be keeping him and your whole family in prayer. I'm sorry to hear he's not doing well. Sending {hugs} your way.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Shelley in SC said...

Found your blog through Homespun Living. So enjoyed the few posts I've gone through. Love the way you write.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Laurie A. said...

Linda,

I'm praying. Your faith in the goodness of God does carry you through!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger kelli said...

I'm praying for you all, Linda. Much love to you.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Dear Linda,
I know you must be so worried. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
xo

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Ah, Linda, I am sorry. I'll be holding you and your family up in prayer.

Even in the midst of your "worries" you still speak with such anointing and talent.

God bless you and keep you in this time, my friend.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Praying and thinking of you this morning, wondering how your dad is. I suspect it's been a hard few days!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

So sorry, Linda. He really has had a difficult year with health, hasn't he? Praying for him now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home