About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Showers of Blessing
Creation Is Telling
Just For Fun
The M.S. Walk
The Small Stuff
It's A Girl!
Gratitude: One Thousand Gifts
Amazing
Fossils Of One Kind or Another
SPRING

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, March 15, 2009
Just Thinking


Just something I've been thinking about ever since our last Beth Moore session on "Esther" - conditional trust. It gave a name to something I have struggled with for ever so long and underscored with deep black lines the truths the Father has been teaching me. Whenever the thing I feared most loomed large in my life, I would exercise this sort of trust. In essence I would say, "I trust you Lord - as long as it all works out the way I have asked You to work it out."

I never said it in so many words, but it truly was underlying everything I thought and said. I could trust God, just as long as.... If it didn't go according to plan, I would find my faith taking a body blow that sent it reeling.

Over the past few years, the Lord has been gently adjusting my vision. I have learned (and am still learning - to be sure) to place my trust in who He is and not in my plan. It is truly freeing, like chains that once bound my heart falling off, to surrender the "plan" to the One who will do that which is best - always.

When I exercise that unconditional trust, it is such relief. Like a little child, I can rest in the truth that I have a Father who will never fail to love me perfectly and will guide my life with mercy, grace and wisdom.

That's what I've been thinking about this lazy Sunday afternoon.

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 1:42 PM
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Yes! The way she worded it in the study I just did was something along the lines of, "Is my faith in Him, or in His manifest power in my life?" I think sometimes I confuse the two...and Who I really need is Him, not just His outworking of the "plan" (either mine or His.) Great thoughts today, Linda.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

I'm still learning, too, Linda. Thank you for sharing this timely and gentle reminder.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Thanks for sharing.

It rained through last night. Everything is so green. From Thursday to last night it rained and was 45 degrees most of the time. So glad the sun is out today, but know we need more rain.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
A good reminder for me especially with all that is happening with our daughter.
xo

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Islandsparrow said...

Wonderful thoughts Linda - I'm learning this truth as well.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Beth Moore can defiantly make you think. I remember when I was about five years old and we were in the mountains. We were at a swimming hole. My brother (7 years older than me, and my hero) was in the water and I was up on a high rock that the big kids jumped in from. I did not know how to swim, but when my brother yelled up to me, "Jump, I will catch you." I didn't even hesitate...I had my knees bent ready to jump when my mother grabbed me from behind. I have often thought about that 'trust' I had for him at the time, wondering if God asked me to jump...would I bend my knees without a second thought?

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Great food to chew on! As always..

Hope you have a wonderful week
Love,
Jess

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

This is something I struggle with. I hope our church does the study in the fall.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

"I trust you Lord - as long as it all works out the way I have asked You to work it out."

Oh, boy, hit me between the eyes!

Kev is still struggling with finding a job and is desperately discourged. Appreciate your prayers so much!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I'm glad you shared what you were thinking. I really needed to hear this.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

This lesson has been mine, too, most especially over this past year. "But, Lord, what about our testimony? What will people think?" I would ask over and over again, the "why" of it all haunting me day and night leaving me reeling.

When the trust is fully there, the "why" doesn't even matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home