About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
DISHRAGS
HOME
Dialysis
No News Yet
No Surprises
ARTIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
Just Thinking
Showers of Blessing
Creation Is Telling
Just For Fun

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, March 30, 2009
The Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window: The leaves are falling from the live oak trees and very soon we will see tiny new leaves take their places

I am thinking
: about how I struggle with balancing all the different things in my life - never seeming to get things in the right order. I am working on listing five "must do" things in my daily journal and prioritizing them.

I am thankful for
...: God's presence in our lives and answered prayer for my Dad. I'm thankful too for good doctors and the amazing technology that can provide a machine to cleanse one's blood. Amazing.

From the kitchen...a big pot of lentil soup. Our weather is warming up so I think this will be the last of the soup for a while.

I am wearing: tan shorts, blue tee shirt and white socks. We took a walk earlier this afternoon, and it was rather warm!

I am reading...: another Miss Read book - "The Year at Thrush Green" and "Why?" by Anne Graham Lotz

I am hoping
... and praying that my Dad's dialysis treatment goes well tomorrow.

I am creating...: dishrags and learning to knit continental style. After so many, many years of knitting the way I was taught by my Aunt Fanny, I've discovered that this way is much faster - once you master it that is. I'm all thumbs right now but determined to learn.

I am hearing: It is absolutely quite in my house right now. I am making a deliberate effort to take the time to shut off all the other noises for a little while during the noisy day.

Around the house... : laundry day and the day to put clean sheets on the bed. How I love climbing between freshly washed sheets at night. Bliss..

One of my favorite things: listening to my Easter CD


A few plans for the rest of the week
...: to get back to the normal routine -Bible Study, piano lessons, working outside. It is so nice to just spend time at home.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



My Grandmother and me. I've just been thinking a lot about family these days and how precious the days we have together really are.

For more Daybooks visit Peggy.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 4:42 PM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'm so thankful that the dialysis is working for your Dad and that he's improved enough to go home.

Thanks for sharing your day with us, Linda. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

A simple womans dy book now that is such a wonderful idea.........Your days sounds like it is filled with the rewards of life my dear friend.

Blessings too for your dear father.

Lee-ann

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

So thankful for your dad's improvement.

I am aslo thankful for the rain, it's raining hard right now.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger tonia said...

i am always thinking the same thing, linda...that i can't quite seem to get the balance right. sigh. we keep on trying. imagine how dull life would be if we ever got it really running perfectly. :)

i am glad your dad's dialysis is working. i'm praying for you all today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home