About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas

I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me

Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
No News Yet
No Surprises
Just Thinking
Showers of Blessing
Creation Is Telling
Just For Fun
The M.S. Walk
The Small Stuff
It's A Girl!

August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Blog Design by:

Image from:

Powered by:

Add Snippets to your site

Subscribe with Bloglines

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, March 26, 2009
It is early thursday afternoon, and we are just home from the hospital. My Dad has received his second dialysis treatment and is doing well according to his doctor.
Unbelievably, we never did get those lab results we were waiting for, but by wednesday morning my Dad's kidney function was so bad there was just no more time to wait around. He had a catheter inserted on his left side quite close to his heart on wednesday morning. We were very concerned about the possible complications, but it all went extremely well. By that afternoon he was having his first dialysis treatment. It took about three hours.
This afternoon's treatment was two and a half hours long. There is the slim hope that his kidneys will begin to function on their own. More than likely, he will be on dialysis from now on. He will probably have to go three times a week.
Both he and my Mom are doing very well. Tuesday was a rather dark day. I think the full import of what was going on finally hit my Dad. By two-thirty that afternoon, he said he was tired and wanted to sleep. He sent us all home.
Before we left the hospital, my Mom had to sign the release papers for the catheter insertion and the dialysis. She has been so strong through this whole difficult year, but after she signed the papers she just wept and wept.
She said she and Dad had a long telephone conversation that evening, and he told her he felt at peace. He said, "Whatever the Lord does is okay with me."
They have been in much better spirits these past couple of days. God is so very good. We know how much He has blessed us these many years. It has been with great abundance.
Please excuse this rather disjointed post. What is it about sitting in a hospital room all day that makes you feel as though you had run a marathon?
Dad has one more treatment tomorrow and then they are going to let him go home. He is so happy about that. He doesn't like being separated from his "bride" of sixty-three years.
Thank you so much for your prayers. We have felt so cared for.

  posted at 6:29 PM

At 10:53 PM, Blogger kelli said...

My dear friend...I have been coming here often to see what updates you might have. I'm thankful to hear your ramblings and exhaustion for that means the past few days have been well spent in love for those you care about.

I'm also thankful to hear how both of your parents are doing...what a beautiful portrayal of love and trust...in each other and in our Father.

I pray for moments of peace and rest for all of you.

"Come to Me...all ye who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest..."

May you run there and collapse, Linda...He is waiting.

Much love...kelli

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Laure said...


the work of intercession is more than spiritual. it is also physical. and the hospital room is a rather public prayer closet.

what glorious news about your father returning home. now then ... trust in the Lord with all your heart ...

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

I am so sorry he's going through this, I pray for healing and peace, refreshment for all of you, I also pray his faith is a testimony to all those in his path at the hospital.


At 12:08 PM, Blogger PEA said...

Big hugs across the miles!! I know what you mean about feeling like you've run a marathon after spending a day at the hospital. I think it's the mental stress of having to see a loved one suffering, the worry, etc. I'm glad that your dad responded to the dialysis well. It will make a difference in their lifestyle, having to go for it three times a week but it's something both he and your mom will get used to. Please know that my prayers continue. xoxo

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Thanks for the update, dear friend. Let your dad know it's a good road he's on- and we have matching permcaths in our shoulders :)

Whatever I can do, or answer or whatever- I'm here. Praying.

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

Pray for comfort and peace dear friend. I am praying for your dad. It sound all to filmar to me.

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

So sorry your Dad is going through this Linda. But it's good to hear that him and your mom are in good spirits.

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Will stay in prayer for your precious family.

Love you!


Post a Comment

<< Home