About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The M.S. Walk
The Small Stuff
It's A Girl!
Gratitude: One Thousand Gifts
Amazing
Fossils Of One Kind or Another
SPRING
Debt
A New Thing
A New Little Kalanchoe

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Just For Fun
GREAT TRUTHS THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED:

1 - No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.
2- When your mom is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair.
3- If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.
4- Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
5- You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
6- Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
7- Never hold a dust-buster and a cat at the same time.
8- You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of mild.
9- Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
10- The best place to be when you're sad is Grandpa's lap.

GREAT TRUTHS THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED:

1- Raising teenagers is like nailing jelly to a tree.
2- Wrinkles don't hurt.
3- Families are like fudge...mostly sweet, with a few nuts.
4- Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
5- Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
6- Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy.

GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT GROWING OLD:

1- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
2- Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
3- When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're down there.
4- You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.
5- It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.
6- Time may be a great healer, but its a lousy beautician.
7- Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.

From the "Chin Strap"

Blessings,
 
  posted at 3:57 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 4:47 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Great fun and funny thoughts. Nailing jelly to a tree...haha Husbands watering the grass systematically. Since we moved to this house 10 years ago...we have a sprinkler system...love it. I have a little twisty sprinkler for the kids to run through(o: Please pass on to your son Todd (my sons name too) that I have had MS for years. I first had opticnuritous (have no idea how to spell that) when I was in my twenties and now I am 55. I am beating the odds. I think it is important for people with MS to know that NOT everyone with this MS has the same path to follow. I don't read books about it...I don't watch movies with stories about it...I don't want to fill my head with what could happen...why??? Anyway, sorry for the rant.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Funny and SO true! :o)

Hope you're doing well, Linda.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

Thanks for the cheerful post

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Thanks for the chuckle...

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Those are so much fun and so true!

My husband's niece was diagnosed with MS at age 25, is now 50+ and is doing so well. Just some encouraging news.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Jess said...

This was really cute!

Have a great rest of the week

Love,Jess

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Maxine said...

Oh my goodness. These are great!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

These are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I love this, Linda! I really grinned when I read the lists because I can verify the fact that they are all true - from experience!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Loved this Linda! Some were LOL funny. Probably the ones I could relate to most. ;v)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home