About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Small Stuff
It's A Girl!
Gratitude: One Thousand Gifts
Amazing
Fossils Of One Kind or Another
SPRING
Debt
A New Thing
A New Little Kalanchoe
Sunday Afternoon Visit on the Front Porch

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, March 08, 2009
The M.S. Walk
Had anyone told me a few years ago that our future included doing the M.S. Walk in support of our younger son, I would have been overwhelmed with grief and fear. But here we were yesterday, gathered with hundreds of other people doing just that.


This is just a part of the group that walked to support Todd. The name on our tee -shirts was "Todd's Team". There wasn't a brooding sense of sadness or fear. There was laughter and friendly chatter because God is good and because our son is an amazing young man.



The back of his shirt says "I Have M.S. That is why I walk." The tears fall as I look at this picture - tears of the deepest gratitude. I have cried so many tears, prayed so many gut-wrenching prayers, wished so often it could be me instead of him. He has the sweetest spirit and such a deep, deep love for the Lord.

Yesterday, he set a pace I found hard to match. He laughed and talked, and I thanked the Lord over and over again for answered prayer. My heart overflowed with joy just to see him walking sure and strong. How good and loving You are Father.

"O MY God,

Thou fairest, greatest, first of all objects, my heart admires, adores, loves Thee, for my little vessel is a full as it can be, and I would pour out all that fullness before Thee in ceaseless flow.

When I think upon and converse with Thee ten thousand delightful thoughts spring up, ten thousand sources of pleasure are unsealed, ten thousand refreshing joys spread over my heart, crowding into every moment of happiness.

I bless Thee for the soul Thou has created,, for adorning it, sanctifying it, though it is fixed in barren soil; for the body Thou has given me, for preserving its strength and vigour, for providing senses to enjoy delights, for the ease and freedom of my limbs, for hands, eyes, ears that do Thy bidding; for Thy royal bounty providing my daily support, for a full table and overflowing cup, for appetite, taste, sweetness, for social joys of relatives and friends, for ability to serve others, for a heart that feels sorrows and necessities, for a mind to care for my fellow-men, for opportunities of spreading happiness around, for loved ones in the joys of heaven, for my own expectation of seeing Thee clearly.

I love Thee above the powers of language to express, for what Thou are to Thy creatures.

Increase my love, O my God, through time and eternity."

From "The Valley of Vision"

Blessed Sabbath,

 
  posted at 10:58 AM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Beautiful post...

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Laurie A. said...

linda,

i shall not add the noise of too many words here. know, however, that your beauty is fragrant! My prayers embrace yours ...

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Awesome - in the most definite sense of that word! I am so thankful he is doing so well. I did the MS walk years ago - all by myself. I really enjoyed it. I should do it again.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Your prayers truly were answered.
We walk for Cancer, but the MS walk sounds like a very deserving cause as well.
xo

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Amy said...

yes awesome Linda, I'm so glad your son and the other sufferers of this illness have good support.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Linda this is such a heart warming post! Your faith in God, love for your son, and optimistic attitude, continues to amaze me. You are one awesome lady and I always leave your blog feeling so blessed!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger kelli said...

So beautiful, Linda...so heartfelt. I, too, love The Valley of Vision.

And what a beautiful memory you and your son have made together!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt, Mother's love post. My heart was touched where you said you walk together and he set a pace that you found hard to match.

My son has walked for MS a few times too as he had a teacher that was diagnosed with it while Jay was in his class. It was so good to see these young students, they were in grade 6 at the time, rally around their teacher in support.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home