About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
He Came
Our Thanksgiving
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
One Thousand Gifts
Quilting Day
Holding His Hand
A CHRISTMAS CAP FOR LARRY
A New Memeber of the Family
God With Us
Just Thinking

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, December 02, 2008
The Three D's

Since I don't know how to decorate my actual blog for Christmas (or anything else for that matter), I thought I would just begin my posts in December with little pictures from around the house. My Mom made both of these more years ago than I can remember. Every Year their sweet presence is part of our Christmas.

I have just come home from my piano recital, and I am Discouraged, Downhearted and Disappointed. Why is it that the songs I have practiced until my sweet husband must want to go running out the back door (although he says it doesn't bother him a bit), songs I know I can play well, sound as though I had never even seen the music before when I try to play them in front of others?

Honestly - there are only four of us - my piano teacher and the other two ladies who take lessons from her who are a bit older than me. No pressure right? Try telling that to my trembling hands and wobbly knees. I so desperately want to be able to play well. After five years you would think I would be well on my way.

So....I'm just having a little pity party at present. I'll be back when I get my attitude in shape.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 3:28 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Amy said...

eek I've had those days, praying for you here.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your recital! Nerves can really mess things up! Don't quit!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

I am not a betting woman, but I bet after you played a couple of notes, your music sounded great.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I remember recitals all too well!

I'm also thinking that you played better than you think you did or are giving yourself credit for!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

I too know the wobbly knee and trembling hands when it comes to being in front of people. I used to sing in church and it never seemed to get any easier for me!

Cute snowman and tree... I love handmade memories.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

I agree with the others. You are more than likely being too hard on yourself.

The sweet snowman and Christmas tree are so pretty. I love them. I bet they are so dear to your heart. Those are the very best decorations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home