About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Quilting Day
Holding His Hand
A CHRISTMAS CAP FOR LARRY
A New Memeber of the Family
God With Us
Just Thinking
We Really Do Have Hills
Content
Back Home Where He Belongs
My Weekend

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, November 23, 2008
One Thousand Gifts




The brilliant blue of an autumn sky.

A letter from a dear, dear friend.

My husband recovered from a bad cold.

Dad home from the hospital - doing well.

Celebrating my birthday with my family - they are the most precious gifts the Lord has given me.

Prayers of friends on our behalf.

Good books.

Knitting.

Singing "You Are Holy" with our choir and feeling the powerful presence of the Lord fill the church.

The sweet birds that visit the birdbath.

The last Bible Study for the Fall Session and the luncheon afterwards. Time spent with women whom I've grown to love.

A day with our daughter and granddaughters - playing, pizza, watching a video, and drawing closer.

Our Pastor spoke on gratitude this weekend - the story of the ten lepers. He closed with a very poignant question: "Do we thank God for even the bad things that come into our lives?"
Father,
I believe that nothing comes into my life that doesn't first pass through Your hands. Thank You, that You can take even those things that were meant for evil and work them for my good. My heart fills with gratitude knowing that Your love is woven through every circumstance, and that You purpose to use each one to mold me into the person You would have me be.
Thank You for the love and grace that fills my life; for Your infinite patience with my slowness to get things right; for mercy and compassion that is measureless.

Blessings,

To read other "One Thousand Gifts" lists and to join in, visit Ann's inspirational blog.
 
  posted at 11:14 AM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

there is no blue like the blue of a November sky! so much to be thankful for. Thanking Him with you.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Jess said...

This was wonderful..

Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving full of love, happiness and blessings.

love, Jess

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Nice thoughts for today. I forgot to say Happy Birthday (o:

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Beautiful post. I am now humming You are Holy. I hope it sticks in my head all day.

So much to be thankful for in 2008. Blessings to you dear sister in Christ.

Annette

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I just wrote a comment. Hmmm. Sorry if it comes up twice.

This is a really good reminder, Linda, to give thanks in the darkest of times. Thank YOU for reminding me today.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I was just catching up with your last post, too...what a fun day with your mom quilting! What a blessing to have such a talented seamstress for a mother- and one who can set a charming table, too!

I have recently wanted to learn to quilt...wish I could have joined you both! :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

What a wonderful reminder to thank God during the hard times too. It's a good thing to think about this time of year. I'm so glad your Dad is home and doing better.

Thank you for your thoughts. I often want to freeze time as well with my boys being this age. It's easy to forget in the midst of things how quickly time goes by.

Have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Linda,

This is an awesome list. I can see why you are thankful for every single one, and I am so thankful your dad is doing well! That is an answer to prayer!

I've been recently reminded over and over again to be thankful for the trials. You said it beautifully.

God bless you, dear friend.
xoxoxo

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

It is hard to remember this in the midst of "stuff" but you are so right!

Our bird bath has been populated by a whole family of robins lately - taking turns sipping. So cute. They made my latest post, but I wasn't able to get a picture yet.

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog you have! :-)

I am grateful myself I, when looking up Christian blogs on internet, find some blog authors who I believe are Christian. True Christians are not a multitude. Happy Thanksgiving, and God bless your blogging.

INVITATION

Invited hereby to my site
please be. You see I poems write
and knight like fight and youth alight.
This poem says it. Godly, right?

I want more readers. I want you
to come as if out from the blue
and tell me what I write is true
and make my motivation new.

Why you? This is not spam, God’s dear.
I stand by what I do. I care.
Your senseless love to me I fear.
I mean it. I am good. Take care.

Visit: Poems of A.W.E.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home