About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
A CHRISTMAS CAP FOR LARRY
A New Memeber of the Family
God With Us
Just Thinking
We Really Do Have Hills
Content
Back Home Where He Belongs
My Weekend
Pray
Choices

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, November 20, 2008
Holding His Hand



It was a beautiful sunday afternoon. The weather had finally cooled after an extremely hot, dry summer. I was peeling and slicing apples for the first apple pie of the season, listening to old hymns on the radio. I’m not even sure which hymn it was that prompted the idea, but as I was listening I thought how wonderful it will be the day I get to heaven. In my mind I pictured Jesus there waiting for me. He extended His hand, and placing my hand in His, I followed Him into Paradise. “Oh Lord,” I said “how miraculously marvelous that day will be. I can hardly wait.”

Then I “heard” a gentle whisper. It doesn’t happen often, but there are times I know in my heart that He has spoken to me. “My dear child, that is exactly what I am doing for you right now.” ........

The rest of my devotional is at Laced With Grace today. I would be honored if you would join me there.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 8:10 AM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Linda, you really have a way with words. I can't wait to read the rest of the story! You are such a blessing to me.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Such a beautiful post. You could compile your posts into a daily devotional book. This one is especially poignant.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Thanks for the great devotional. By the way Larrys cap is very cute.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Great old song, and wonderful thoughts to go along. Abbasgirl says what I've been saying for a long time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home