About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
One Thousand Gifts
Quilting Day
Holding His Hand
A CHRISTMAS CAP FOR LARRY
A New Memeber of the Family
God With Us
Just Thinking
We Really Do Have Hills
Content
Back Home Where He Belongs

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, November 26, 2008
HAPPY THANKSGIVING


THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME by Tommy Walker

What love the Father has lavished on us
That we should be called His sons and daughters
Precious in His sight
Greater love this world had never seen
When He hung on that tree
O why would He do such a thing
For dirty sinners like you and me?

Chorus:
O God thank You for loving me
When on the cross You made history
Lord You died for me
Forever my praise will go to Thee
O God thank You for choosing me
To be Your child and bear Your name
O Jesus I will never cease to sing Your praise



Verse 2:
Your love is patient and humble and kind
It's greater than all my sin
It always protects and trusts and hopes
And will have no end
It's Your love that lifted me up from the depths
Set my feet on a solid rock
With a firm place to stand
Lord I always will trust in Your loving hand

Bridge:
How wide how long
How high how deep
How endless is Your love for me
How wide how long
How high how deep
How endless is Your love for me

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. While trying to mentally write what my heart was feeling this Thanksgiving, I kept hearing the words of this song. The wonder of being called His child and knowing the great price that was paid to make that possible; the lavish love that the Father pours out on each one of us. I cannot express it any better than that. My heart fills with gratitude and my eyes fill with tears as I read through those words. How undeserving I am; how loving He is. If that were all there was to give thanks for this Thanksgiving Day, it would be more than enough. Yet He pours out abundant blessings moment by moment, every single day.

Father in Heaven how we love and thank You for the priceless treasure You have placed in our hands . You have given us Your name and claimed us as Your children. We have blessings for today and hope for a future that is so wonderful our minds can scarce take it in.

Thank You.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 10:19 AM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Maxine said...

Amen. I couldn't agree more. Of all our blessings, having God as our God is the best. May your Thanksgiving be filled with Him.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Amen Linda! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your fsmily.

Annette

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Linda.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Dearest Linda...
I sing with you.
Praise God with you...
We have that same picture framed in our house... I can see it from here as I type.

God is so, so, so good.
Yes, as your pastor said: we can thank God when He gives us bad. Because it never is bad --- only for our good.

Thanking Him with you, dear friend... Love to you and Steve...
Ann

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family, Linda!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Blessed and Grateful as well! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, dear Linda. :o)

Much Love,

Diane

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

The words to that song are so beautiful! Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy Thanksgiving. I wish I could cross the border so that I could celebrate it all over again! hehe xoxo

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger tonia said...

Happy day, Linda. You bless me. Thanks for being here in the blog world.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I hope you and yours have had a wonderful day - we had a very relaxing time, actually, with a smaller group than usual.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home